Wrinkled Lip Bats Emerge From Cave

macnmotion

Found a guide at her home on a dirt soi off of Thanarat Rd. near kilo marker 22. She took me on a hike and climb (about 1 hour) that ended up right outside the cave.

Hint: Click on the video to open at large size in a new window. Then make sure to select the 720P HD version!!

macnmotion

Good stuff..! :thumbsup:

i always like to keep an eye out for the raptors (birds of prey) that strategically position themselves on the nearby ledges & trees, ready to 'pick off' in mid air their nightly supper.. or at least, attempt to do so.

Good stuff..! :thumbsup:

i always like to keep an eye out for the raptors (birds of prey) that strategically position themselves on the nearby ledges & trees, ready to 'pick off' in mid air their nightly supper.. or at least, attempt to do so.

I wanted to film that. But as you can see in the video, from my vantage point the bats exited the cave then took an immediate left and disappeared around the mountainside so there was no chance for me to see. My guide says that depending on which fruit trees are in fruit at the time, the bats exit in different directions, and you can't always know in advance where they will go. She has taken people to "open areas" down below only to see nothing because the bats went the other way.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...