Where Can I Eat European Style Prepared Fish (Grilled Salmon Steak Namely) For Adequate Price?

Amapola

• 2 weeks later...

Sizzler, a chain with branches at Kad Suan Kaew and Airport plaza, serves Salmon in a style not to different from what I would expect

in Europe, if I recall correctly.

Quite pricey at 400B or so, but if you enjoy the salad buffet that is included, perhaps not impossible now and then.

Or, If you have a frying pan yourself...

Buy some nice Salmon steak from Rimping, put some salt and pepper on it, fry it (don't kill it) and add some lemon juice and or dille.

Easy.

Off to Rimping to get some myself, been too long......... :P

Sizzler, a chain with branches at Kad Suan Kaew and Airport plaza, serves Salmon in a style not to different from what I would expect

Quite pricey at 400B or so, but if you enjoy the salad buffet that is included, perhaps not impossible now and then.

at FrancoThai restaurant. Near kad Suen Kaew shopping Mall. I dont know the street name but I am sure someone here knows.

At Sizzler you need to bring a microscope to find the meat on your plate.

Buy some nice Salmon steak from Rimping..............

Just make sure you buy the very expensive Norwegian salmon and not the farmed stuff at half the price.

Try SoupaSteak on Huay Keaw road near Kad Suan Kaew. They have several fish items, including salmon steaks on the menu, as well as regular fish specials. Very reasonable prices too.

It's in the block in front of Nakorping Condo, next door to Salsa Kitchen and opposite the Shell gas station. Now open from 5 p.m. I think.

It's served cold, but there's plenty of salmon, oysters, shrimp (prawns if you're British) and other yummy seafood at the Holiday Inn Sunday buffet. Less than 500 baht if you get a (free) discount card and the rest of the food is good too. I believe they have a special seafood menu sometime during the week - when you join the discount scheme they'll email you with the details.

Edited by Greenside

Buy some nice Salmon steak from Rimping..............

Just make sure you buy the very expensive Norwegian salmon and not the farmed stuff at half the price.

Aye, of course! Just finished dinner, Salmon from my oven... hmmmmmmmmm :P

JD's simple stovetop Salmon recipe -----

Salmon filets places skin down in a frying pan

score (slice into) the meat # and add a small amount of real butter (cold)

put about 1/4 inch of water in to pan

douse liberally with Italian dressing

heat slowly until the butter melts (while covered) then test the center to see if it is cooked enough for your individual taste/preference

Salmon might be a bit expensive here but the asparagus are cheap and that is a delicious combination with hollandaise butter sauce and young patatos..... @ jdnasia, indeed, never fry this fish high temperature, stew it softly in some butter .

Edited by Joop50