Something Cool For Everyone

thaibebop

www.googleearth.com is pretty neat as well

I was using that this morning, amazing.

It must be a bit old though as it didn't have my old man's new greenhouse.

:D:D

And they won't be letting you Zoom in too close, or everyone will be lnternet peeping Tom's at their neighbours :o:D

Sorry to spoil the fun but that picture just doesn't look real/genuine to me...the colours are a bit exaggerated, especially the green and there aren't many clouds....?

Compare to real pictures on the nasa website...

http://www.nasa.gov/returntoflight/multime...op30_page1.html

If you didn't want to spoil the fun then you shouldn't have....I guess that makes this a Troll post.

....I guess that makes this a Troll post.

Yet once again we see an example of the use of the term "troll" on TV...

...it's plainly getting f*ckin irritating to be honest - define "troll" please?

You are way too sensitive about the word "troll"....get over it....I thought it was sort of funny because what I wrote could be interpreted to mean that your post was a troll post or it could be interpreted that my post was a troll post and probably both are correct. Chill out...get a grip....being called a troll usually just means that you got someones attention...its a compliment...

You are way too sensitive about the word "troll"....get over it....I thought it was sort of funny because what I wrote could be interpreted to mean that your post was a troll post or it could be interpreted that my post was a troll post and probably both are correct. Chill out...get a grip....being called a troll usually just means that you got someones attention...its a compliment...

:D sorry, it's all cool! I thought you were having a go.... :o

It's a little plastic thing with big ears pink spikey hair and a gen in it's belly button. Nasty little buggers they are! :o

Sorry to spoil the fun but that picture just doesn't look real/genuine to me...the colours are a bit exaggerated, especially the green and there aren't many clouds....?

Not to mention how well the continental shelf shows up...........? :o

It's a little plastic thing with big ears pink spikey hair and a gen in it's belly button. Nasty little buggers they are! :o

I used to stick my pensil up it's ass when I was in School. Would you be allowed to do that now??

I used to stick my pensil up it's ass when I was in School. Would you be allowed to do that now??

Only if it's made of plastic.

It's a little plastic thing with big ears pink spikey hair and a gen in it's belly button. Nasty little buggers they are! :D

Only if it's made of plastic.

The pencil you mean? :o

Agree, Zaz - the north atlantic without a single cloud - don't think that has happened before - at least not since the last ice age! :D

Modified: Oh, yeah - you can see the continental shelf and the mid-Atlantic rift as well - which means the water is clear down to about, say 3000 meters depth..... :o

Edited by WhiteShiva

The Google Earth pictures are about two to three years old - and different areas are in different resolutions, depending on what they could get from the image providers.

I can just about make out my house in Nonthaburi, I can only just about see the apartment block I used to live at in Bur Dubai, UAE, and yet I can clearly see the two tracks of the cement driveway my brother and father built at my parents house in Brisbane. Can't quite make out the Bulls Head in 33/1, but I am pretty confident that I have identified some of the other buildings in the soi.

Satellite images are absolutely amazing - and more than a little scary when you think about the implications....