Looking To Import My 911 Into Bkk. Help!

I just bought a new car here (LOS). It breaks my heart to see the way it gets treated - scratches from motorbikes are the worst - the crapy roads here mean that the front skirt is just covered in dents and scratches - and I really don't drive fast!

I've got scratches on the side from jealous motorists - you leave it in a supermarket or shopping mall car park and you get another scratch.

I know what you mean about enjoying your car - just imagine how soul destroying it will be watching it get scratch after scratch...

I love my car, and it's no 911 - but at times I wish I'd got a five year old hilux tiger.

• 2 weeks later...
Any help would be appreciated.  I am thinking that the import tax will be around the 3-4mill mark. Am I way off?

Suggest you visit the Porsche dealer (forgot the name) out by the airport to get a flavor of the market. There are some decent second hand Porsches around, but for a good 993 you'll be paying 5-6m. For a 996 6-7m. Only 'reasonable' Porsche is the 928 as no one seems to know what it is in Thailand.

Big bucks and also big headaches- the traffic, the heat, the roads, the spotty service, the worries about being stranded in Nakorn Nowhere. But of course big fun and big street cred too.

Importing is a nightmare- suggest you do it only if you can find an importer to manage the whole process for you for a fixed fee.