Indefinate Leave To Remain Uk

Hi Folks....

Quick question needs answering please.

When I apply for my wifes 'Indefinate leave to remain' status do we need a translated copy of our Thai marraige Cert?? We didnt when we applied for the 2 year spouse visa in BKK, but now that we are in the UK i am just wondering!!

We have had 2 years here in the UK to get everything ready and now the appointment is in 3 weeks time and its all getting very stressful! :o

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DaddyCool

When I got married in the uk i asked if they wanted my wifes Birth Cert translated and I was told No they wanted the original Thai one. No translation required

I know you are asking about the Border agency and it could be different. Why dont you give them a call and ask them if they do want a translated copy that should put you at ease

If you look at the documents section of the application form you will see that it does not ask for a marriage certificate. The UKBA accepted that she is your wife when they issued the spouse visa.

However, if you are going to submit any Thai documents the application guidance does say that any documents not in English must be accompanied by a "reliable English translation."