Which Satellite Provider ?

jonnyscot

Hi All, we're moving home soon and will be looking to review our satellite package, looking for a reasonably priced package not too expensive as i'm away for 6 month of the year,,,, i've heard of those freeview boxes,,, are they any good,,,?? including maybe an English speaking News Channel, 1 or 2 English speaking Movie Channels with maybe a sports channel(football) quite liked ESPN but would consider another,, and the thai channels too of course,, any recommendations ????

thanks in advance

I think you will get better replies if we move this over to this forum:

Internet, computers, communication, technology

Internet, ADSL, satellite, mobile phones, SMS, land lines, international calls, TV, computer hardware and software, technology etc.

Best of luck! Topic Moved.

You will need to be more specific as to your final location? I doubt very much if you will get any English speaking channels on FREEVIEW here! For your requirement I would suggest going the CABLE route there are some cheap packages available that will cater for your requirements, however that will depend if cable is available in your location . . . ?

Good luck

IW

As for your request you only have two choices. True Vison or Astro.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/

http://www.jsat.tv/

Hi,, looks like theres not many providers to choose from,, any pros and cons between those 2 with regard to Service/Pricing,,,,,,,,,,,

I suppose its the old story , you get what you pay for ,,,,,,

,,, I had True for the last year,, had no probs with it,, but to be honest hardly watched much apart from the odd Universal Movie on an evening and the news in the morning, but as we're moving to a quieter location close to Kanchanaburi, I think I'll be seeing a bit more of the old telly,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thanks

Astro can not be received in northern Thailand do to its small foot print. For information on Astro I suggest you contact http://www.jsat.tv/ a forum sponsor. The main downside to Astro is if the pack mules stop delivering the smart cards across the boarder.

You may want to ask around to see if you can get an official card for Telkomvision (Indonesia, C-band) or K+ (Vietnam ku-band). I've seen the channel line up for K+ and it seems very good, with a fair bit of English language content. On the satellite forums people say the price in Vietnam is quite reasonable, but all I have seen for sale are pirate cards at 100 US$ (viaccess).

Edited by citizen33