Estranged Wife Buying Property

Hi

I have a quick query and was wondering if any of you could help.

Myself and my wife are separated but not yet divorced. She is buying a condo and wishes me to sign a document for her saying the money that she will use to buy it is hers (which it is).

She is getting a mortgage to pay for this and i was wondering what the legal ramifications are for me. As we are still legally married i presume when we are divorced i would be entitled to half should i wish. From this document could i be liable to pay the mortgage and have debt attatched to my name through this and be asked for money or get into any kind of trouble if she doesn't pay?

I presume if we were divorced she would not need the document?

Any advice you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Best to do it after the divorce, as it than will be solely her responsibility. If you are both in agreement you can divorce in half hour at the amphur.

You cannot lay any claim to the worth of the property, nor can you be hold responsible for any debts.

Only when there are assets to divide is it wise to use a lawyer, as you can enter any agreement into the register and such agreement is legally binding.

Signing the document is a work around, divorcing is the solution.

You are according to law jointly responsible for debt that your wife aquire as long as you are legally married regardless of if you know of it or not. You can sue her to get the money that you must pay in case she default on her loan back but if she's already defaulted, then there won't be any money to get. Bad idea

You will also according to law be the legal father of any child your wife gives birth to while you are still married... That child will inherit you. Also bad Idea

Divorce is the solution