Yellows May Join Up With Reds To Topple Thai Govt

webfact

Yellows may join up with reds to topple the govt

By Pravit Rojanaphruk

The Nation

Members of the yellow-shirt People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) interviewed yesterday said they were willing to fight temporarily alongside the red shirts if that is what it takes to topple the Abhisit Vejjajiva administration and reclaim "lost territory" from Cambodia.

"I guess that can be done, because it's our country. We don't even use our [political] colour at this rally," said Boonthai Sirichoke, a PAD member from Samut Prakarn, adding that this government would definitely be removed if the red and yellow shirts joined forces. However, he said he believed the yellow shirts alone could topple the government.

Waen, a 47-year-old yellow-shirt from Chiang Mai, said she would not speculate but would follow instructions from PAD leaders, even if it meant joining forces with the red shirts. "We are just the mass, we don't have the right to question it."

Yupin Prasertsri, an elderly woman from Amnat Charoen province who came with her daughter to take part in the rally yesterday, said they were ready to join forces with the red shirts "because we want to topple the government".

"I can accept it because we have the same goal of getting rid of corruption and defending national integrity," she said. The PAD believes that the government is too soft on the border issue because of vested interests of politicians and generals who reap benefits from illegal cross-border trade.

Her daughter, who asked not to be named, said: "I can accept it because now it's about national interest and not colours."

The rally yesterday drew a moderate crowd of about 5,000 in the evening, with more arriving after dark. Half a dozen villagers who claimed they owned land along the Thai-Cambodian border that was allegedly taken over by Cambodians over the past three decades were invited to speak onstage.

A female villager burst into tears, telling PAD supporters that even though she had a title deed for the land occupied by Cambodians for 30 years, not a single government had helped get her land back.

"My father was so upset that he developed a mental problem," she said, adding that the family ended up having to work as hired help in Bangkok and elsewhere, and suffered immensely because they could not work on "their own land".

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-01-29

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right. Sure. They join up with the red shirts. They topple the government.

AND THEN WHAT?

and then they start to fight each other . or agree on some lunatic to govern the country (but i doubt it)

This is why i was saying that possibly military government could be the solution not to allow the 2 lunatics to ruin the country totally.

let them join up

let them waste their own time and resources

they won't make any friends on either side

its just more proof neither party can keep their word

in the midst of the turmoil Abhisit will appear to be the only one with any credibility at all and with Korn running as deputy PM they will landslide the next election....

Waen, a 47-year-old yellow-shirt from Chiang Mai, said she would not speculate but would follow instructions from PAD leaders, even if it meant joining forces with the red shirts. "We are just the mass, we don't have the right to question it."

:shock1:

<deleted> !

post-45550-0-89353900-1296267849_thumb.j

"he believed the yellow shirts alone could topple the government"

with 5k of evening protesters coming to listen to the speaches and than going home, yellows don't have a chance - unless the ruling class decides to give them support and money (as they did in 2008 for the government buildings and airports occupations).

many yellows, including their leaders, are interested in a temporary coalition with reds, but reds are not into that political charade.

with the elections looming, there is no need for an empty gestures and reds are getting momentum with monthly protests growing and organising party structure - and they need more time to buy, before they are ready. That includes release of prisoners, amnesty for those on the run, organising funds for the literature and after that thinking about clear program and election manifesto

<deleted> !

Chiang Mai, what can you expect. Not a woman from Issan. I keep trying to tell my Thai woman not to speculate and just follow instructions and she tells me to shove it.

I think they should try to vote them out of office first.

Then who to vote in?

We all know who the red shirts are going to support, but who will the yellow shirts support if not the Democrats? OK, they'll support the NPP, but that won't stop the Democrats or Peau Thai from being the next party in government.

"... "I can accept it because we have the same goal of getting rid of corruption and defending national integrity,"

Please compare Abhisit with Thaksin - anyway - 100,000 Reds and 5,000 yellows - "join" - good luck with that and then you have the "we just do what we are told... we don't questions" and therein lies the problem. Let's hope the other 60 million Thai's have more brains than this misguided lot.

Good luck Thailand - will someone turn the lights out on their way home? rolleyes.gif

Edited by asiawatcher

Yellows May Join Up With Reds To Topple Thai Govt :blink:

It looks like the heavy unrest in the Arab world is spreading fast,.. also to Asia...

LaoPo

It also means that those members of the TPN that were injured in grenade attacks at Sala Daeng last year did so in vain.

I'm done reading anything about the reds and yellows. They should both go to hell because they are bunch of lunatics.

<deleted> !

Chiang Mai, what can you expect. Not a woman from Issan. I keep trying to tell my Thai woman not to speculate and just follow instructions and she tells me to shove it.

Can we take it that she's an Issan gal ... or just of independent means?

AND THEN WHAT?

and then they start to fight each other . or agree on some lunatic to govern the country (but i doubt it)

This is why i was saying that possibly military government could be the solution not to allow the 2 lunatics to ruin the country totally.

My thoughts too. This is the only scenario that would cause a coup. It seems that they are too stupid to think that far ahead. If these two groups bring down the government together, then it WILL be civil war when they start to fight over control. Or a coup to put them both back in the box. This is the ONLY scenario that points to a coup. But I suspect the reds and yellows can't agree long enough together to do anything in sync.

Edited by animatic

So if they topple the gov't, then what are they going to do, storm Cambodia, set up tarps and loudspeakers and have speeches and party for a few weeks? I'm not sure the Thai army wants to get involved in this kind of thing nor do I see why it can't be resolved in a peaceful way. I'm sure enough excuses can be thrown in and lies so that nobody loses face, the people that have had land titles for 30 years can be compensated etc. The people might have to face the fact if true that previous governments may have not acted upon this border issue, being a convenient non-confrontational issue and Abhisit is not responsible for their ways.

so if Abhisit says stick we me and we'll resolve this peacefully vs the red/yellow mass-holes "we'll take up pitchforks and plow shears" I wonder who'll they'll go with? :ermm:

"... "I can accept it because we have the same goal of getting rid of corruption and defending national integrity,"

Please compare Abhisit with Thaksin - anyway - 100,000 Reds and 5,000 yellows - "join" - good luck with that and then you have the "we just do what we are told... we don't questions" and therein lies the problem. Let's hope the other 60 million Thai's have more brains than this misguided lot.

Good luck Thailand - will someone turn the lights out on their way home? rolleyes.gif

Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you. - Steeler's Wheel, though Abhisit should adopt it as his re-election slogan.

AND THEN WHAT?

My thoughts too. This is the only scenario that would cause a coup. It seems that they are too stupid to think that far ahead. If these two groups bring down the government together, then it WILL be civil war when they start to fight over control. Or a coup to put them both back in the box. This is the ONLY scenario that points to a coup. But I suspect the reds and yellows can't agree long enough together to do anything in sync.

There will be no coup. These two groups can be put back in their box without one.

This is really showing the Thais in their true colours... "do anything to get hands on power and money... anything"

If the rest of the world actually paid any attention or took this country seriously Thais would probably be very hurt and shocked by the comments they would attract. Can you imagine the mince meat cebs such as Jay Leno would make of them.

:cheesy:

<deleted> !

The stirring of individual-thinking & freedom is indeed a wonderful thing to behold ! :rolleyes:

And I have my wife's permission to say so ! B)

AND THEN WHAT?

There will be no coup. These two groups can be put back in their box without one.

1,000,000?

Can't see it happening.