Super Bowl.

charley1947

the actual game is the least important part of the superbowl

You correct on that but unfortunately they don't show the best part on ASN, the new commercials.:lol:

Anyone not wanting to watch it live can see it at UN Irish Pub that evening.

7:00pm NFL – Super Bowl – Green Bay @ Pittsburgh (108 or 99)

I'm not one for repeats unless I can avoid the result and score, so I'll watch it live at home, .....well at least I think I'm live, the wife sometimes wonders.rolleyes.gif

Edited by uptheos

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wounder if the BIB will be out bright and early making their rounds to enforce the no smoking, the no selling of alcohol after hours and before hours, no advertisement of alcohol and TrueVision 5000 baht per year fee for use of system in a place of business to attract customers. Along with the music police.:whistling:

I wounder if the BIB will be out bright and early making their rounds to enforce the no smoking, the no selling of alcohol after hours and before hours, no advertisement of alcohol and TrueVision 5000 baht per year fee for use of system in a place of business to attract customers. Along with the music police.:whistling:

Don't they work 10am-4pm, with afternoons off for a nap?

:lol:

:lol:

There's two things BIB are allergic two.......no three things.

Extremely hot temperatures

Rain

Work

If you don't want to run into them go out when it's hot or raining........or when they're not working which is most of the time.

Running into them is extremely bad luck.

This might be of interest to those living in that part of town. The ad was taken from City Life online just recently. smile.gif

0898896857 Description Please come join the NFL superbowl party this sunday feb. 6th, 2011 in chiang mai at the JIGGI MART on nimmanhaeman soi 11 next to g-long hamburger shop. We will be broadcasting the NFL superbowl live! Green Bay packers vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers.... will have drink specials (homemade mountain whiskey) , popcorn, contests (t-shirt giveaways) , and much craziness..... party starts at 5 or 6 am..... for more info please call JIGGI at 0898896857

YES! this is what you were looking for !

Edited by uptheos

This might be of interest to those living in that part of town. The ad was taken from City Life online just recently. smile.gif

0898896857 Description Please come join the NFL superbowl party this sunday feb. 6th, 2011 in chiang mai at the JIGGI MART on nimmanhaeman soi 11 next to g-long hamburger shop. We will be broadcasting the NFL superbowl live! Green Bay packers vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers.... will have drink specials (homemade mountain whiskey) , popcorn, contests (t-shirt giveaways) , and much craziness..... party starts at 5 or 6 am..... for more info please call JIGGI at 0898896857

Not really. If you show up expecting to see the game Sunday morning your going to be in for a big surprise.:lol:

Not really. If you show up expecting to see the game Sunday morning your going to be in for a big surprise.:lol:

Sorry.....what was that?

Sorry.....what was that?

I thank it is called verifying before endorsing.:lol:

Sorry.....what was that?

Reminds me of New York, New York

Sorry.....what was that?

Reminds me of New York, New York

It is also sometimes referred to as International Date Line dividing the haves from the haves not.... ;)

I'll be bold enough to say let's sleep in this Sunday morning.... and try to catch the game on Monday, rather.... B)

A bold suggestion.

There will be those, however, who wonder why they should try to watch Sunday's "superbowl" on a Monday! I mean, won't that be tape-delayed? How could it be "live?"

Incidentally, anyone who supposes that the thing will start at 6, rather than 6:30 could have a bet, if betting were allowed in Thailand, which it is absolutely not.

Nevertheless, I'd put my money on Monday morning, if it were legal to bet.

A bold suggestion.

There will be those, however, who wonder why they should try to watch Sunday's "superbowl" on a Monday! I mean, won't that be tape-delayed? How could it be "live?"

Incidentally, anyone who supposes that the thing will start at 6, rather than 6:30 could have a bet, if betting were allowed in Thailand, which it is absolutely not.

Nevertheless, I'd put my money on Monday morning, if it were legal to bet.

It is legal to bet in Thailand. Lottery, Horse Racing and sanctioned Cockfights.:whistling:

Is there a place that will stream in the commercials so we can get the real experience? Ideally it would have the game in HD through Truevisions, but then the commercials could be streamed in over the internet?

Go on Mr. Dragonfly, you know it's possible. 44 hours left to sort it out. ;)

That's Monday February 7 at 6: 30. Kick off at 0700 AM TrueVision Channel 108 ASN and TS3 Channel 103. Go to the Sugar Bar 2. Two 42 inch HD Screens. They will also be serving breakfast. They are located next door to Jammers on Kotchosarn Road. Jammers is at the corner of Loi kroh and Kotchosarn. :D PS I'm not the owner. BTW the Pro Bowl will be shown live at 7:00 AM this Monday morning, also breakfast.

I talked to Bill last night. He will be serving a breakfast set. 130 THB. Hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, etc. Game shown on multiple TVs. And for WinnieTheKhwai, yes all the female barstaff will be out of bed and working :)

-Mestizo

That's Monday February 7 at 6: 30. Kick off at 0700 AM TrueVision Channel 108 ASN and TS3 Channel 103. Go to the Sugar Bar 2. Two 42 inch HD Screens. They will also be serving breakfast. They are located next door to Jammers on Kotchosarn Road. Jammers is at the corner of Loi kroh and Kotchosarn. :D PS I'm not the owner. BTW the Pro Bowl will be shown live at 7:00 AM this Monday morning, also breakfast.

I talked to Bill last night. He will be serving a breakfast set. 130 THB. Hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, etc. Game shown on multiple TVs. And for WinnieTheKhwai, yes all the female barstaff will be out of bed and working :)

-Mestizo

But he wants them in the bed and working!

I talked to Bill last night. He will be serving a breakfast set. 130 THB. Hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, etc. Game shown on multiple TVs.

Alright.. Sounds very good. I secured the whole day as a holiday. Don't tell anyone.

Come to think of it, Super Bowl Monday should be an official Thai holiday. Would be okay to remove some of the more useless holidays such as Ploughing Day or one of the Butcher Days.

And for WinnieTheKhwai, yes all the female barstaff will be out of bed and working :)

Including Tall Sexy Girl? I talked to Chubby Brown Girl yesterday and she was still unaware of the Monday morning 6:30am requirement..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Here's a story about a die hard football fan.

A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl.

As he sat down, he noticed that the seat next to him was empty.

He asked the man on the other side of the empty seat whether anyone was sitting there.

“No,” the man replied, “The seat is empty.”

“This is incredible,” said the first man.

“Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl and not use it?”

The second man replied, “Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away.

This will be the first Super bowl we haven’t been together since we got married in 1967.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. That’s terrible. But couldn’t you find someone else — a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?”

The man shook his head. “No, they’re all at the funeral.”

Is there a place that will stream in the commercials so we can get the real experience? Ideally it would have the game in HD through Truevisions, but then the commercials could be streamed in over the internet?

Here's some of them already available:

http://devour.com/superbowl/

-Mestizo

I love football, but this is beyond riddy coulis

Would you pay US200 for a Super Bowl Ticket???

Maybe you would and if you were in Dallas for the game and did pay the $200. you would get a ticket as close as the parking lot and see the inside stadium game on the big screen

For tickets in whet they call the nose bleed section [ because of the altitude in the back of the stadium] you could actually fly to Chiang Mai and enjoy the venue and hospitality of our city for the cost of the ticket.....Fly round trip business class

The worlds going nutz

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/ticket-prices-increasing-as-demand-soars-for-super-bowl-xlv/1

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Here's some of them already available:

http://devour.com/superbowl/

-Mestizo

Nice! I also fond this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLVCjnEGrqQ

Maybe you would and if you were in Dallas for the game and did pay the $200. you would get a ticket as close as the parking lot and see the inside stadium game on the big screen

For tickets in whet they call the nose bleed section [ because of the altitude in the back of the stadium] you could actually fly to Chiang Mai and enjoy the venue and hospitality of our city for the cost of the ticket.....Fly round trip business class

The worlds going nutz

Hm.. That almost puts the increased price of cooking oil, instant hollandaise sauce and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese in perspective..

And makes me feel blessed to be offered a wholesome all American Breakfast AND authentic Superbowl experience for 130 baht.

Life is good.

The worlds going nutz

http://content.usato...uper-bowl-xlv/1

200 USD would be a bargain how about 3000 USD. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/ticket-prices-increasing-as-demand-soars-for-super-bowl-xlv/1:lol: