Good Place For Pressing/Folding/Bagging Dress Shirts?

jfchandler

I've got a bunch of relatively (originally) expensive good quality long sleeve dress shirts from my old office days that I just don't use or wear anymore--at least for now... Right now, they're just taking up a lot of space in one of my closets...

Ideally, I'd like to find someplace that will press them, fold them and bag seal them for long-term storage -- as as if you were buying new dress shirts in a department store...

I live in the Sukhumvit corridor... But most of the cleaning places I know simply will clean, press and return the shirts hanging open on a hanger covered with the cheap Saran Wrap type cover...

Can anyone offer any suggestions on places that will prepare my shirts the other way.... and any idea of their prices for doing so? Someone among the "suits" out there has got to know...

Thanks much... :)

Have you tried The Oriental Dry Cleaning service? They have an outlet in the basement of Siam Paragon, which offers superb quality. I don't know if they can bag them, but they do offer more services than the small dry cleaners, and they seem to have more knowledge and experience with expensive and fragile garments. Their prices are in the high end, but in my opinion it s certainly worth it!

Thanks Jamora... I'll check that place out... It's convenient for me, since I'm around there regularly anyway.

Fortunately, since I really want to put the shirts into safe storage for the time being, I only need to have the shop press/fold and bag the shirts once.... (vs. for ongoing wearing). So the pricing is a bit less of a concern...

Still open for any other suggestions...

Well, I happened to be in the Emporium shopping center this afternoon, and remembered they had some kind of cleaning shop in the deep dark basement there. So I went down to B2 level and discovered (surprise, surprise) an Oriental dry cleaning counter (a sister shop to the one in Paragon, I assume).

The lady at the counter spoke no English, so my wife spoke with her, and the answer was NOPE, they can't press, fold and bag dress shirts in the manner described above...

Later in the afternoon, happened to be over at Foodland Soi 5, where the grocery store likewise has a dry cleaning counter inside. A bit and back and forth with the ladies at the counter, and finally one pulls out a dress shirt all nicely pressed and folded and deposited into a celophane type bag... BINGO... That's exactly what I want, I told them.

So I went back home and returned to deposit with them a pile of my unused dress shirts, with the promise they'll be ready for me to pick up tomorrow at dinner time... I'll report back on how that goes....

Well, the cleaning counter at the Foodland Suk Soi 5 market did indeed press, fold and bag my dress shirts in reasonable fashion...had them available for next day pickup....and charged the sum of 30 baht per shirt....

Not exactly done perfectly crisp and collars buttoned and such like you might expect from a fancy hotel... But enough to meet my needs, and certainly a reasonable outcome for the price...

I'm sure there's got to be other places out there that can provide a similar service?????