Festivities Chinese New Year

Well a great evening for Chinese New Year in Maenam.... Thousands of locals & farangs showed up!!... I would guess equal numbers.

Some great food served at many of the restaurants and street vendors.... all prices clearly marked!!!!

The rain held off just, there was a few minutes when it started to rain, but thankfully held off....

The dragon shows were great as was the whole ambiance of the evening.... apart from one mishap with the two dragon guys on the pillars falling off, one did hurt his arm but they both got back up to finish the show.... not something I would want to try!

Hope those not able to attend enjoy a few of the images here!

post-85461-0-95825400-1296750008_thumb.j

post-85461-0-59290000-1296750026_thumb.j

post-85461-0-78128500-1296750089_thumb.j

post-85461-0-54264700-1296750099_thumb.j

post-85461-0-28208600-1296750118_thumb.j

post-85461-0-27083000-1296750140_thumb.j

Edited by samuijimmy

i was planning on hitting this up last night however when driving home from the office it took me more than 20 minutes to drive from the maenam thieves station past ptt and on to the other side of the traffic light. no way i was going to fight that traffic one more time. was the busiest i've ever seen maenam though in 5 years.

i was planning on hitting this up last night however when driving home from the office it took me more than 20 minutes to drive from the maenam thieves station past ptt and on to the other side of the traffic light. no way i was going to fight that traffic one more time. was the busiest i've ever seen maenam though in 5 years.

Yes, parking a problem, so some walking needed! From the few times I been to the Thursday Walking street, it produces some good turn outs, a good boost to some of the businesses on Soi 4... many of whom are suffering... even through the supposed "high season"....

noisy-noisy-noisy...

couldn't sleep for couple nights as we live right near the temple.

we took some videos of the show (including lion-guys falling down((...)

if you are interested check sunsamui.livejournal.com tonight for those videos