Any Reliable Legal Services?

mkeebler

Are there any reliable legal services in Thailand? I have emailed siam-legal and sunbelt legal but i never get any response to even tell me if they can handle my needs or not.

Or they decide they don't want to bother with it and the lack of a reply is a way of saying call someone else? Either way, can someone direct me to an office that will take a farung and his

Thai girl friend seriously?

Thanks.....

I've used "tila legal" for wills, property as well as some simple commercial agreements. I think they have been a thaivisa sponsor or advertiser in the past. They are located in Sukhumvit Soi 39. They're Thai and most of their clients are farangs.

Suggest you contact Somphob LAw & Tax, in Silom Centre.

Not cheap but not outrageious. K Somaphob and most of his staff (all Thai) speak very advanced English, very customer focused, good listeners, always very thorough, always very reliable, no silly games about anything, very respectful to client, wife etc. Khum Somphob always takes the time to ensure everything is well understood, no chance of misunderstandings, always gives a complete picture of the surrounding things to be aware of. I've used him for over 20 years, for: company set-up, changes in shareholding, wills, real estate transactions, and more. Always been totally satisfied, I highly recommend his services.

Really depends on what legal service you are looking for.

Indo-Siam employs some Thai lawyers that can be very helpful for more or less routine stuff.

If it is serious litagation you want to discuss, then probably an international firm like Tilke and Gibbons would be better.

TH

Edited by thaihome

Really depends on what legal service you are looking for.

Indo-Siam employs some Thai lawyers that can be very helpful for more or less routine stuff.

If it is serious litagation you want to discuss, then probably an international firm like Tilke and Gibbons would be better.

TH

Not sure that I agree with that:

1. For many areas of litigation (under Thai law) experienced sincere Thai lawyers often understand the picture much better than a farang lawyer ever will, and understand best approaches / best strategies etc., taking into account the Thai factors involved. There are plenty of highly capable clever Thai lawyers, and any suggestion that Thai lawyers are only capable of 'routine matters' is rubbish.

2. Beware of outrageous charges from many of the 'international' law firms. e.g. A high profile 'international' firm which charges 100,000Baht to process a work permit!

You can contact Advance Adjusting Associates. It's a law firm run by Mr. John Sobell, an American lawyer who has been working in Thailand for 30+ years. the website of the firm is:

www.aaacoth.com. The firm has also Thai lawyers who speak perfect english.