Bus From Chiang Mai To Bangkok

HansBlinkers

Mrs. Circusman just paid 1,300 baht one way C.M. to Bkk. I forget the bus line. We were both shocked. I was forced to drink a beer to help calm down.

How did she manage that? :) Even the 21 seater for NCA's First Class coach is 876 Baht. (Fully reclining, single row of seats on the left)

http://www.nakhonchaiair.com/firstclass.php

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

NCA's terminal in BKK is rubbish. Not enough taxis the two times I've been there. Will be going with Sombat or Siam First from now on.

Neither the skytrain nor the subway is walkable from where the buses drop you. And for the short trip around the park, not many drivers will be willing to take you.

I have arrived at the NCA terminal in Bangkok many times and never had a problem getting a taxi.

And I definitely wouldn't be basing my travel plans just on that. I'm more concerned about the poor safety record of buses generally and I just want peace of mind that at least NCA has one of the best safety records.

I have arrived at the NCA terminal in Bangkok many times and never had a problem getting a taxi.

I'll be staying about 4KM from the NCA terminal. I don't speak Thai. How did you communicate the Nakon Chai Air address to the taxi driver,

verbally or written, Thai or English. I am picking up my bus tickets

at their terminal so I don't want to wind up at the main Mo Chit

Terminal.

I'll be staying about 4KM from the NCA terminal. I don't speak Thai. How did you communicate the Nakon Chai Air address to the taxi driver,

verbally or written, Thai or English. I am picking up my bus tickets

at their terminal so I don't want to wind up at the main Mo Chit

Terminal.

It's well known; chances are you'll be understood just saying 'bus station - nakhon chai air'. Or print soemthing off their website in Thai, like this:

logonca.jpg

EDIT: And/or a map:

map-01.jpg

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

WTK, I can't seem to save the map you provided with the TV page. I've gone to their website but the english version does not point to the map link.

Can you provide the NCA direct map link?

Edited by vagabond48

WTK, I can't seem to save the map you provided with the TV page. I've gone to their website but the english version does not point to the map link.

Can you provide the NCA direct map link?

Sure: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a0Py0RZICvc/UNvgTC390BI/AAAAAAAAAcU/ZQVZn0Fp9VE/s1600/map-01.jpg

From this page: http://nakhonchaiair.blogspot.com/2012/12/blog-post.html