Advice Re: Ways To Sell A Condo In Thailand?

Hi everyone,

I'd gratefully appreciate advice from any board members who have experience selling a condo in Thailand regarding good ways, as it's not something I've done before. Just to give some background about my situation, I purchased my condo to live in as I work in Bangkok, but I relocated which has necessitated a longer commute. Buying was simple; it was a new unit (3 years ago), I paid a booking fee, enlisted the services of a local law firm to oversee the purchase, then paid the deposit, transferred in the funds to buy and met the sales rep at the land office to complete the sale.

Now I would like to sell; I'm broadly aware of the main options; I could list it on the internet, or with an agent for a commission, or contact the sales office (?). I'm in no hurry to sell, there's no pressing financial need, but would like advice about the best direction to take, things that worked for others, the benefits and pitfalls and general advice and legal precautions to take.

Regards

The best way that I have found is to go to your Building's Management office and ask them to handle it for you.

Most offices do this on behalf of owners. Its more efficient (as if people are already interested in the building they often contact the Management office), they are always on-site to show prospective buyers and they are MUCH (M U C H !!) cheaper than doing it through an agent. Also they know the benefits of the building and they know the building well enough to both show prospective buyers and competently answer questions.

Real estate agents are fine....if you're happy to spend the money on their commission and watch them lose interest if it doesn't sell in the first 30 days ! (sorry, a bit cynical here...but from experience)

If you don't want to pay any fees at all, then do it via the internet or local press, but I would not recommend this under any circumstances for obvious reasons.