1St Fully Motorcycle

mic6ard

After much consideration here's the usages

Commute, typically open road, (super highway in CM), some in town.

Typically speed so far is approx 80k -90km on a scooter (don't feel safe going any faster on the little thing)

Definitely stylish (lifestyle requirement :whistling:)

Gasohol compatible.

Easy to maintain.

ACCESSORRIES, gotta have ACCESSORRIES.

only the new and near new bikes are gasohol compatible. The field has pretty much been narrowed to a cbr150/250, ninja 250, and er6.

Just something to think about, when you upgrade to a bigger bike, you also need some riding gear!! Put at least 30 baht extra into the budget for your new bike. If you are any good reading thai, the www.er6thailand.com site have some really nice looking used er6 with a lot of ACCESSORRIES.

After much consideration here's the usages

Commute, typically open road, (super highway in CM), some in town.

Typically speed so far is approx 80k -90km on a scooter (don't feel safe going any faster on the little thing)

Definitely stylish (lifestyle requirement :whistling:)

Gasohol compatible.

Easy to maintain.

ACCESSORRIES, gotta have ACCESSORRIES.

due to the relative low weight suiting and inexperienced rider, I d go for

Kawasaki D-tracker 250

Honda CBR250

both fun machines capable of 120 kmh, both great value for money (Honda new 120k, kwaker 1 year old 100-115k). Both inexpensive (actually cheap) to repair after a drop or worse. Both good traction and excellent brakes, Honda with ABS at this price,

and later when you want more power and more heavy bike, both very easy to sell

Just something to think about, when you upgrade to a bigger bike, you also need some riding gear!! Put at least 30 baht extra into the budget for your new bike. If you are any good reading thai, the www.er6thailand.com site have some really nice looking used er6 with a lot of ACCESSORRIES.

So a 7/11 raincoat is all you'd recommend then? :D

Don't forget the Tiger Boxer 250 - I'm loving mine and at 72,000 it's a steal! The best customer service (IMHO) in Thailand to go with it.

Kawasaki D-tracker 250

Honda CBR250...

Best ideas!

I hear that many people don't like their ER6N after a while. And both the D-tracker and the CBR250 are fine for large people...

And plenty of power. Do you really want the 71 hp of the ER6N? Or the 150+hp of a liter bike?

Kawasaki D-tracker 250

Honda CBR250...

Best ideas!

I hear that many people don't like their ER6N after a while. And both the D-tracker and the CBR250 are fine for large people...

And plenty of power. Do you really want the 71 hp of the ER6N? Or the 150+hp of a liter bike?

Yes I do :P

but as OP is new to larger bikes, weight is an issue to keep the rubber side down

ER6N/Ninja650R 71 hp isnt very much, and keeping it below 7k rpm its rather tame. but its weight makes me suggest smaller cc bikes initially, and bikes very inexpensive to repair and spareparts available next day. I actually find D-tracker to suit a tall person better than 650. After a knee injury I could ride my D-tracker within 10 days, while it took me 4 weeks to feel comfortable on my Ninja 650R

Low budget and new bike, Lifan 200 crosser. Withot doubt :)

Don't worry about gears, gotta plenty of those. Jackets, gloves, helmets. B)

I'm actually leaning towards the D-tracker due to all the accessorries available after market, and like most said it's cheaper to repair. Eventhough I love the CBR's sporty look more, I'm willing to start slow. Unless there's a 2nd around somewhere at decent prize and good condition :whistling:.