Msn Is Like A Virus These Days

thailandbluegrass

MSN (or Windows Live Messenger) has become like a dam_n virus on my computer these days. When it kept asking me to download the latest version I did it but then many functions did not work as in no "mailbox" logo on the msn window. Ideleted it and went back to the old version and now everytime I check messages or try to delete, or reply, or ANYTHING up pops thes error message saying ;

There was a problem with the Windows Live Hotmail service (a temporary network connectivity issue that has nothing to do with your computer). Please try again.

and another one that is a small error box that says;

"Something line is full" haha now that i went back in to get the exact error message it's not doing it.

Anyways is there anyone else having problems with WLM? Or any suggestions of the best version?

Anyways is there anyone else having problems with WLM? Or any suggestions of the best version?

No problems here. IMHO, the best version to use is Version 2009.

Windows Live Essentials 2009

Download:

Full Installer | Web Installer | Multi-language (XP only)

I tried that version once and deleted it when I got the first spam popup in MSN. The spammers will usually strike when you first boot up your computer and MSN is started up. Friends of mine stated, that their webcams are automatically switched on even while they are not looking. Violating people privacy. It's just plain crap put out by Microf**k.

^ Disable automatic startup and don't allow automatic sign in. The spam popup you're referring to is "Windows Live Today", which can also be switched off...

wlmsignin.png

Friends of mine stated, that their webcams are automatically switched on even while they are not looking.

Go to *Tools* > Options > Personal

Uncheck "Allow others to see that I have a webcam"

I have 2009 now. That's the one I chose after every time I started WLM it kept asking me to upgrade to the latest and I could not find anywhere to "stop notifications" so finally I fell for it out of annoyance and after 1 day downloaded the 2009 verison but same crap. The pop up window for "windows live today" and anything else that is easy to turn off or on under the "menu/options" is NOT the problems.

The one that really pusses me off is that even though I check the "Sign me in automatically" boxes etc, everytime I turnt my computer on MSN windows appears but forgets that I want to be signed in auto. So I always have to type my id and password again.

Its too bad that MSN "was" such a good program for chat, emails etc when we were all first learning computers and there wasn't many options but now it is just a nuisence and they need to fix it. (Or I need to stop using it) lol

I'm suprised that Google/G-mail hasn't come up with a similar version yet. I know there is also Yahoo and that is still ok.

I have 2009 now. That's the one I chose after every time I started WLM it kept asking me to upgrade to the latest and I could not find anywhere to "stop notifications" so finally I fell for it out of annoyance and after 1 day downloaded the 2009 verison but same crap.

Go to *Help* > About Messenger

Make sure it's Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8117.416).

You'll be prompted to upgrade if it's not. Btw, upgrade notifications can't be switched off.