Star Alliance Gold Dedicated Check In

NanLaew

There's a dedicated Star Alliance Gold check-in desk at the airport but I have forgotten which row exactly. Anyone able to remind me? I used it for a Lufthansa flight a few months ago and was quicker than waiting in the Coach line. My buddies are departing Coach on SQ but are Gold with Star Alliance so hope to speed up their departure in case of Immigration delays.

Thanks!

It will depend on which Star Alliance airline you are flying. If Thai, it's either row A or B - on the far left hand side of the check in area and clearly marked as 'Star Alliance Gold Check-in' once you get there. It's in the same area as Business Class check in.

If flying with another Star Alliance carrier (such as Lufthansa), it will be the Business Class check in desk for that airline. For Lufthansa, I believe that is the far left desk of their check in desks which is around the centre of the land-side departures area of the terminal. I'm not sure about the location of the Singapore Airlines check-in desks but it will be pretty obvious when they get to the terminal.

There is no specific Star Alliance check-in area at Suvarnabhumi.

There is no single, dedicated "Star Alliance" check-in counter at SBIA. Rather each airline has their own desks, and within those each airline has separate check-in desks based on CoS, and/or airline/alliance status. There are video monitors above each desk clearly indicating which CoS/status is served. So a simple glance should reveal the appropriate desks. Note that sometimes the Economy desks have no customers while the CoS/status desks do, so it may be quicker to go to an Economy desk.

SQ uses Row K, appprox. mid-concourse (so doors 4 - 6) , desks 8 - 18.

Leave plenty of time. SQ do give FastTrack immigration cards at check-in but only for business and first.