Big C Store At Rajdamri Re-Opens?

jfchandler

Read your article whilst sitting indoors on saturday morning, grabbed the helmet jumped on the bike and went to have a look. Yep confirmed that it is indeed open again. Parked up went inside and looked around a bit. Looks nice and white and clinically clean which is great but it has changed around a fair bit. Not too many of the old stores that were inside the building before seem to be there anymore. Tons and tons of empty units waiting to be filled on all floors.

The food court is back upstairs but the rest of that floor is dead! it'll take time I guess to fill it up again. No more cell phone stands all around and I dont even think the cinema is there anymore, didn't actually go check but there were no signs around.

Good to see it back open again but the old experience of going there has gone 'for me anyway' was a good little trip out apart from the stupid mistake of shooting up Sukhumvit past the expressway exit and getting nabbed by the cops for using a bus only right of way!! dammit. Spent 99 baht in Big C for some Dim Sum and 200 for the fine. A successful saturday for sure. Next time I will just stay in front of the box.

Read your article whilst sitting indoors on saturday morning, grabbed the helmet jumped on the bike and went to have a look. Yep confirmed that it is indeed open again. Parked up went inside and looked around a bit. Looks nice and white and clinically clean which is great but it has changed around a fair bit. Not too many of the old stores that were inside the building before seem to be there anymore. Tons and tons of empty units waiting to be filled on all floors.

The food court is back upstairs but the rest of that floor is dead! it'll take time I guess to fill it up again. No more cell phone stands all around and I dont even think the cinema is there anymore, didn't actually go check but there were no signs around.

Good to see it back open again but the old experience of going there has gone 'for me anyway' was a good little trip out apart from the stupid mistake of shooting up Sukhumvit past the expressway exit and getting nabbed by the cops for using a bus only right of way!! dammit. Spent 99 baht in Big C for some Dim Sum and 200 for the fine. A successful saturday for sure. Next time I will just stay in front of the box.

Thanks for the update ..... and I've done the same thing going passed the Sukhumvit Expressway entrance on my bike. The Cop just waved at me to do a U-turn, so I whizzed around and headed up Wireless Road.