Cairo Airport

robbiecia

Hi All,

Unfortunately i have to transit through Cairo airport very soon.

I have read reports from travellers of cancelled flights out of Egypt, and general chaos at the airport.

Have tried to contact the airline with no joy.

I am not happy with the prospect of being taken to Cairo and then being unable to leave.

Does anybody out there have any up to date info on transitting through Cairo airport??

Thanks

I think if you went to the airport a week before you were scheduled to leave or to the airline's ticket office and explained that you had no desire to connect in a country during an uprising that they would reroute you. I can't imagine they will force you to fly via Cairo with all the political problems.

Check your foreign office travel advisory. If says avoid travel, then the airline is expected to accomodate your request to change transit points if the ticket was sold in that country. There have been some reports of police shakedowns going on, and I'm not talking about the recent police extortion of the the Canadian evac flight where the Australian, Canadian and US passengers had to cough up $2000 in order to leave.

EgyptAir's web-site is now back up, and they're operating limited-services on both Domestic & International routes, due to the ongoing disruption ... details are on the 'news' section of the web-site.

Good Luck to anyone travelling with them over the next few days/weeks !

My parents were due to holiday in Sharm El Sheikh at the end of March, but Jet2 have just cancelled. Thankfully they will get a full refund. I'm not sure how relevant this is for you, but given the location & how far into the future their holiday was, it speaks volumes about the situation in Cairo.:ermm:

Still watching the situation in Cairo.

Egypt air's website is certainly not much help.

Options are limited right now as i am flying with Egypt air to Madrid with a transit in Cairo.

Has anybody out there been through Cairo airport in the last week or so??

Flightstats Follow the link. Enter your flight number for today, arrival and departure, and see if it's on time, delayed, cancelled. Should give you a good idea of what you're heading for. Repeat every day and you'll be as wise as anyone else. Good luck.

Thanks for that link bahtboy

There seems to be a scary amount of cancelled flights

• 2 months later...

Flightstats Follow the link. Enter your flight number for today, arrival and departure, and see if it's on time, delayed, cancelled. Should give you a good idea of what you're heading for. Repeat every day and you'll be as wise as anyone else. Good luck.

Thanks for that link bahtboy

There seems to be a scary amount of cancelled flights

Anyone know how the situation is now in Cairo and been there recently?

Is it safe enough to flight through that airport?

Thanks