Uk Convection Oven

bhoydy

I bought a Sharp Convection Oven in Thailand about 6 months ago. It's made for sale in the UK, as it came with the UK plug attached, but a few must have been left behind for someone in Amorn. Anyway as a microwave and and an oven it works fine with just an adaptor but when i use it for prolonged periods as a convection oven which uses the most power, the plug over heats and it cuts out. Would a transformer suffice in fixing this problem and what sort of size do i need?

No need for a transformer as Thailand has UK-alike power, but I suspect that your adaptor is the problem. Are you also using a power board?

You can readily buy 3-pin local plugs, so just remove the UK plug and attach a local one, plug directly into the wall outlet, that should solve your overheat problem.

Local plugs have Live on the left as you look at the back of the plug (ground at the top) so it's opposite to a UK plug.

No fuse in Thai plugs.

Thailand does not have ring mains with massive (32A) breakers like the UK so a fused plug is not required, this is like most of the world (the UK is unusual in having fused plugs).

The outlet and flex is protected from overload by the breaker in the distribution panel. For your outlets the breaker should be 16 or 20A. This is perfectly adequate to protect your oven circuit from nasties.