Six Nations Rugby

smokie36

Mods....can you close this thread....:(

Thanks.

no please dont close it, its just starting to get good !

the red rose of england looks like it maybe in with a shout of winning yet another gralnd slam. :D

and the scots look like they are about to become prime candidates for picking up the wooden spoon. :lol:

Mods....can you close this thread....:(

Thanks.

no please dont close it, its just starting to get good !

the red rose of england looks like it maybe in with a shout of winning yet another gralnd slam. :D

and the scots look like they are about to become prime candidates for picking up the wooden spoon. :lol:

I'm dreading the match against Italy. :(

Think probably France for the tournament though. :)

Smokie-

Luckily this weekend our game is on late on a school night, so the kids should be safely tucked up in bed...wouldn't want impressionable minds seeing that sort of horror...

Just kidding - I am sure it will be a great game, and they'll do us all proud - what could possibly go wrong?

I'll probably stay up to watch it, as I would hate to get the news when I arrived at work in the morning

SC

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully their overconfidence will be their undoing at the weekend. Aye I wouldn't miss it but just in case the remote control won't leave my pocket.

We seem to be getting worse with each game worryingly....:(

At least I have some of my favurite whisky in now....oh and back home next weekend. No Diggers though thankfully....lunch at the Auld Hoose instead. :)

Wow forza Italia! :clap2:

I'll be needing the cushions piled on the sofa next weekend as well...

SC

"Oh well they beat France as well....good side the Italians you know..."

I really felt sorry for Alessandro Troncon when we put them out of the last world cup - they were clearly the better team, and, as I recall, missed a kick in the dying minutes that would have won the game. And despite everything, thanks to a few lucky wins, some great kicking by Ruaridh Jackson and woeful kicking by Matt Giteau, we are still ranked above them,.,,

SC

What am I going to eat my porridge with now?

Another year going home empty handed...

A convincing display, and another outstanding defensive tackle by grampa Patterson.

SC

yeah good convincing win in the end, although they did look a bit shaky in the first half.

now for the big one ! and i think the Irish have more than a squeak at spoiling the party. paddys day not far gone and they will be up for it, that's for sure and at home too !

think the welsh have a good chance of upsetting the apple cart in Paris too. ( especially being given an 8 point handicap ) wink.gif

Edited by tigerfish

What am I going to eat my porridge with now?

Another year going home empty handed...

A convincing display, and another outstanding defensive tackle by grampa Patterson.

SC

yeah good convincing win in the end, although they did look a bit shaky in the first half.

now for the big one ! and i think the Irish have more than a squeak at spoiling the party. paddys day not far gone and they will be up for it, that's for sure and at home too !

think the welsh have a good chance of upsetting the apple cart in Paris too. ( especially being given an 8 point handicap ) wink.gif

Looking back to last week, I think Scotland did remarkably well considering how badly their set-piece was going; I'll probably not stay up for all the England Ireland game - its past my bed time already...

Let's hope for a great game that is enough to keep me riveted to the sofa (so to speak)

I've pushed it back against the wall now... all that irn bru was worth it. Nikki Walker must've had a few tins with Lamont as well

SC

14-0....IRELAND....IRELAND.....!!!

I think I'll be staying up late tonight/,,,

SC

:D

Honestly, its just neutral interest in a great game of rugby

SC

Though I suppose, as a miserable Scotch git, my mark of a good game of rugby is one that England loses...

SC

Overall a good result that for Six Nations rugby as this England team isn't deserving of a Grand Slam. Well done to them for winning this year however and the Italians will be delighted with their defeat of France no doubt.

Encouraging performance from the Irish at the end but back to the drawing board for the rest of us I'm afraid....!

Overall a good result that for Six Nations rugby as this England team isn't deserving of a Grand Slam. Well done to them for winning this year however and the Italians will be delighted with their defeat of France no doubt.

Encouraging performance from the Irish at the end but back to the drawing board for the rest of us I'm afraid....!

i was going to chuck a great big clanger at the lot off you lousy Celts until i read your last post.

really what is it with you lot ?

you <deleted> hate each other, but as soon as you all realise that you haven't got the slightest chance of a sniff of an old tuna-fish sandwich and all of a sudden your all related. laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

i was going to chuck a great big clanger at the lot off you lousy Celts until i read your last post.

really what is it with you lot ?

you <deleted> hate each other, but as soon as you all realise that you haven't got the slightest chance of a sniff of an old tuna-fish sandwich and all of a sudden your all related. laugh.gif

;)

Its rugger tigerfish not football.

:D

England as "Grand Slam Champions 2011" - the video

They're the winners ... eh, no they're not.

England rugby officials have been left red-faced following the leak of a pre-recorded Nike advert which hails their team for winning the Six Nations Grand Slam.

England's hopes of winning the Grand Slam were dashed on Saturday when Martin Johnson's side were routed 24-8 by Ireland in a one-sided defeat at Lansdowne Road.

However, a Nike advert saluting England as "Grand Slam Champions 2011" was leaked onto the internet despite the team's defeat.

The video shows England stars Toby Flood, Chris Ashton and Ben Foden in a series of staged action clips before signing off with the team's red rose emblem. It was leaked on various video-sharing websites.

Not surprisingly, the Irish media went to town with the video, joking that Nike's ''Just Do It'' slogan was now ''Just Blew It''.

''As if losing wasn't bad enough, the team must now also contend with howls of laughter from thousands of Irish, Scottish and Welsh rugby supporters who have watched and passed on the clip over the last 48 hours,'' the Irish Times said.

''Nike might want to stop trying to 'write the future' and simply stick to manufacturing sports gear,'' sports news website thescore.ie suggested.

The Irish Examiner said it had a copy of an internal Nike memo that outlined how the English victory would be celebrated. It included the printing of 5000 limited edition T-shirts.

''In the spirit on owning sporting moments, we will also execute a burst of Digital Out-of-Home activity that will start right on the final whistle in over 20 of London's most prominent underground stations through Digital Escalator Panels and Cross-Track Projections,'' the Examiner reported the memo as saying.

''This will be further amplified through large Transvision screens at Waterloo, Kings Cross, Euston and Charing Cross. This will run throughout the weekend until Monday night catching consumers after the game and peak rush hour times for maximum impact.''

The Rugby Football Union (RFU) later issued a statement expressing dismay at the leak, insisting that the footage for the advert was shot in advance for commercial reasons and denying Ireland were taken lightly.

"The RFU works with all its commercial partners on their sponsorship activation," the statement read.

"Forward planning is a crucial part of all commercial partnerships and all contingencies, winning or losing, have to be considered.

"It is disappointing that details of Nike's internal planning has got into the public domain. "In no way did the RFU or the England team underestimate the challenge that the Ireland team would pose.

"We were well beaten by a team who played better and we have the utmost respect for (Ireland coach) Declan Kidney and the Irish players."

SOURCE: AFP and Glenda Kwek