Thai Mil Talking About Sin Sot For 13 Year Old Stepdaughter ..

coolhandjoe

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeo, 1000 isn't enough.

YOU or your WIFE need to handle the sin sod negoitiations. NOT the mil.

I set the price at 1 mil for my daughters if they marry a Thai.

Farangs can skip the sin sod all together :)

Funny everyone thinks that is unfair :)

I only think it is funny as you clearly don't place much value on your daughters! Daughter for sale...only US$30K.

Whatever...

Sh!tty ROI for starters.

While I'm with Moonrakers, if you are going to pimp your daughter, then at least get a good return on her...

Why any Farang with a Thai Wife would leave a young Girl that they care about in Thailand, with the Family, is beyond me..

She will simply only end up the same way that 99% of Girls that marry Farangs started off & she will be Sold by the same wonderful Family, to the highest bidder.

Scum in my eyes, Pimps in other peoples, misunderstood & just Thai Culture to others..

& why Western Man would even entertain a Sin Sod for their Daughter is fuc_king obscene.:angry:

Your right. I should check the numbers closer. Still I make a mil, and she gets to mope around someother guys house.

It will be fun to put the screws on them. I fully expect them to forgo their "Thai way " when the day comes.

I'll probably do what's right and combine the traditions. I'll screw him for the sin sod but I will pay for the wedding.

Anyways OP if sin sod is going to be part of the deal. You and wife handle it, not the MIL.

She had her turn.

Your right. I should check the numbers closer. Still I make a mil, and she gets to mope around someother guys house.

It will be fun to put the screws on them. I fully expect them to forgo their "Thai way " when the day comes.

I'll probably do what's right and combine the traditions. I'll screw him for the sin sod but I will pay for the wedding.

Anyways OP if sin sod is going to be part of the deal. You and wife handle it, not the MIL.

She had her turn.

My first wife's father offered me $10,000 a year for the rest of my life and a one time cash payment of $100,000 not to divorce her. He was afraid her coming back home would kill him.

I always felt bad about it. We got a divorce, she moved back home and he died.

Thanks for feedback.

I don't think the discussion was about selling her into marriage immediately, but you don't know ?

I think it's an attempt to extract more money from me when i'm providing for my wife 3 children and step- daughter in the current climate it is a struggle.

1000 bht a month for food and clothes in North Thailand is more than enough in my book. She gets all the usual teenager things sent from UK eg phone etc

Going to bring her back to continue her studies this summer ready for the new school term.

Sure it's a struggle. I'm glad your keeping your head above water. You just never know about these mil things. What is the wides take on it?

Were all in agreement that 1000 is a bit low, especially for a teen. But if your cool with it than that is all that matters.

Hope all is well.

I'm trying to figure out how 1,000 baht/month can possibly be enough. And how the OP can possibly think it is enough!

I think I spend more that that (excluding school fees) for my daughter going to school alone, and she's 6.

Edited by Moonrakers

Yeo, 1000 isn't enough.

YOU or your WIFE need to handle the sin sod negoitiations. NOT the mil.

I set the price at 1 mil for my daughters if they marry a Thai.

Farangs can skip the sin sod all together :)

Funny everyone thinks that is unfair :)

What if she met a good guy who didn't have that money? Would you not allow your daughter the right to choose for herself who she marries?

Anyway.....

OP. 1,000baht/month, that's 250baht a week. Or in a 30 day month, 33 baht a day. Do you think 33 baht a day is enough?

Needs to be 2500 Baht a month minimum. Really, if the OP can do it, support should be at 5000 Baht a month, this will ensure the basics are properly covered, so long as the money is used correctly. In looking after the young you inevitably end up looking after the old at the same time and I see issue with this.

Just to add : This is Child Prostitution anyway just shaped as as " Culture "...

Disgusting.

+1. Seconded. Pure evil.

But the only way to prevent this is with money and I'm afraid a parental presence for the next five years. It could very well work out that the OP ups the funds and this girl gets sold anyway, many of you have knowledge of this sub-culture and it's morals, ethics etc.

Edited by MJP

Disgusting.

+1. Seconded. Pure evil.

JEEZ,

When y'all (falang/thai or middle class, on up, Thai parents) get money for y'alls daughters, that money will go towards the wedding party, wedding gifts, land for the bride and groom, car/motorbike for them, etc,etc.

The Thai rednecks will use the baht for whiskey and lottery.

Nothing wrong with the sin sod tradition.

Nothing wrong with western parents paying the bill when their daughters get hitched.

Much wrong with rednecks (redshirts) in every culture.

Disgusting.

+1. Seconded. Pure evil.

JEEZ,

When y'all (falang/thai or middle class, on up, Thai parents) get money for y'alls daughters, that money will go towards the wedding party, wedding gifts, land for the bride and groom, car/motorbike for them, etc,etc.

The Thai rednecks will use the baht for whiskey and lottery.

Nothing wrong with the sin sod tradition.

Nothing wrong with western parents paying the bill when their daughters get hitched.

Much wrong with rednecks (redshirts) in every culture.

I know what it's like, I live here and have a daughter who will be seven this year. You are correct, there is much wrong with this part of the world, some of it down to money and need some of it down to money and greed.

The girl is thirteen years old. It's not right. But it can be prevented if managed and funded correctly.

also

1 thousand baht per month is one fifth the average monthly wage of a Thai.

It's equivalent to an American sending about eight hundred bucks per month as child support for one child.

That's more than plenty of funds.

If this little brat insists on staying in Thailand let her re-adjust to Thai reality.

More than enough baht for one kid.

If the kid is living in BKK or a tourist town she may need another 2-500 baht per month

also

1 thousand baht per month is one fifth the average monthly wage of a Thai.

It's equivalent to an American sending about eight hundred bucks per month as child support for one child.

That's more than plenty of funds.

If this little brat insists on staying in Thailand let her re-adjust to Thai reality.

More than enough baht for one kid.

If the kid is living in BKK or a tourist town she may need another 2-500 baht per month

No it isn't. There are still basics to cover and the economy of scale doesn't work anywhere close to that.

1k/month when the wife (the kids mom) and the husband both live (and work?) in the west in insane. How is the transfer done? The fee must be as big as the money being wired...

My son is 4 and his ride to school cost 3.5k per month...

1k/month when the wife (the kids mom) and the husband both live (and work?) in the west in insane. How is the transfer done? The fee must be as big as the money being wired...

:blink:

Blimey that's high!

Thanks for feedback.

I don't think the discussion was about selling her into marriage immediately, but you don't know ?

I think it's an attempt to extract more money from me when i'm providing for my wife 3 children and step- daughter in the current climate it is a struggle.

1000 bht a month for food and clothes in North Thailand is more than enough in my book. She gets all the usual teenager things sent from UK eg phone etc

Going to bring her back to continue her studies this summer ready for the new school term.

I missed this one B4.

North Thailand

4 thousand baht per month average salary at 6 days 10-12 hours per day.

1 thousand baht per month is plenty.

The dude built the old hag a house and probably put half the other hags 6 kids through school and the dudes wife probably sends the old hag money.

Let the kid re-adjust to Thai reality.

I'm sure he has a thai bank account and just transfers it online (20 baht).

The old hag shouldn't get a satang more than 1K.

The OP played it right.

From his post above it seems to have worked cause the little gal will return to schoolin in the UK

Blimey that's high!

Bangkok, private school, [several] van that goes around and picks up a small group of kids from each area and drives them home after the day is over.

Not cheap, but safer.

Blimey that's high!

Bangkok, private school, [several] van that goes around and picks up a small group of kids from each area and drives them home after the day is over.

Not cheap, but safer.

Without derailing the thread. 800 a month here, about a 20km trip, but the kids are shoe-horned in, so a more local school (better one too) end of this year.

On topic. Yup, OP I'm afraid really needs to evaluate the whole domestic arrangement there and all the finances that support the girl.

Old argument on Thai Visa. Those that argue that Thai values are the same as UK values. Those that argue that Thai Values are better or worse than UK values.

You will never get a straight answer from a Thai because the Thai person knows that UK and Thai values are different but does not want to admit it.

Frankly anyone who disagrees with UK values or even hints that costs may be different in the two countries is in for a rough road on Thai Visa.

I think the OP is making a wise decision to bring the step daughter back to the UK but he should be prepared for the consequences.

The child will in all probability hate him for years and it may effect her sanity. Depression and suicidal problems may emerge so be on the look out for those.

I am not saying the OP is wrong but be prepared to have one upset teenager on your hands for a long time. If this sounds like the voice of experience, it is. Cutting is common as is drug abuse and seemingly irrational rebellious behavior.

If I had it to do over again I would have made a bigger effort to sell the move especially in the beginning. Even at the expense of showing favoritism over my own children.

Blimey that's high!

Not cheap, but safer.

True.

But most thai do not live a hiso lifestyle.

Safer? Does that word have a thai translation?

Life is a supermarket? Take what you like, leave the rest on the shelves?

Take "it is thai culture" when it suits you /// take "oh no, we are farang" when it suits you?

Believe it or not, but i am not telling you what is right or wrong, i am searching for answers.

Bur at least, i have questions, said the philosopher.

And. I do know that i do not know. Therefore i know more then most other people.

Edited by kropotkin

Blimey that's high!

Not cheap, but safer.

True.

But most thai do not live a hiso lifestyle.

Safer? Does that word have a thai translation?

Life is a supermarket? Take what you like, leave the rest on the shelves?

Take "it is thai culture" when it suits you /// take "oh no, we are farang" when it suits you?

Believe it or not, but i am not telling you what is right or wrong, i am searching for answers.

Bur at least, i have questions, said the philosopher.

And. I do know that i do not know. Therefore i know more then most other people.

Sorry, it's not "Hi So", it's just a middle class problem. If you don't know it, traffiic is a nightmare is Bangkok

Pls be aware that what you do know is ... so pls be modest in your assumption