Can I Buy A Dtac Compatible Usb Modem At Suwanabumi Airport?

CrossBones

OK well ive got a couple of hours at the airport before flying to chiang rai and i need to get an internet connection. Are there any shops near to the airport where i can get a dtac modem?

Thanks!

If you have a mobile phone that's not locked and is GPRS/EDGE capable buy a DTAC SIM, have DTAC activate internet access and your in business. Connect phone to notebook via bluetooth or USB cable.

Without a better understanding of your current hardware and requirements it is challenging to make recommendations. Agree with ballbreaker, the simplest option would be to tether your phone, using a local SIM. You can pay 1 baht/min or et a data plan. There is also free and paid WiFi at SBIA, so that is an option. I wouldn't buy an air-card just to use for an hour or two, but not sure if this is your only option?

I'd clear Immigration, gather any checked bags (if not checked through), clear Customs, head up to the 4th floor, check in for the CEI flight. Then you can head back down to level 2 to get a SIM/aicard or even pre-paid WiFi card from True. Back uo to level 4, clear security. I think this procedure is still valid?

In Concourse A, there are TG and SQ lounges both of which have WiFi, so if you are not eligible to enter, perhaps you can leech the signal?

With more details better recommendations may follow.

OK well ive got a couple of hours at the airport before flying to chiang rai and i need to get an internet connection. Are there any shops near to the airport where i can get a dtac modem?

Thanks!

If you have a mobile phone that's not locked and is GPRS/EDGE capable buy a DTAC SIM, have DTAC activate internet access and your in business. Connect phone to notebook via bluetooth or USB cable.

Forget making phone calls or watching/listening to streams, that's won't work with GPRS as this sends/receives data in small 'packages' in stead of a constant stream, like CDMA does.

If you just need an Internet connection I don't see why you don't just use one of the free internet kiosks that are all over the airport

Also I don't understand why you can't get the free wifi signals that are throughout the airport ?

Besides the Airline VIP lounges, where do you find free WIFI at BKK???