Recording Tv

2long

I want to record something off the tv and, ideally, be able to then put the file onto my pc to edit.

DVD recorder?

Another device

I don't want to spend a fortune, but my daughter's going to be on the tele and I wat to get it, then cut the crap out/off.

Thanks guys.

Buy a harddisk-recorder or the cheaper DVD-recorder. Both have worked fine for me.

Another solution would be to buy a TV-tuner card for your PC. Then you can record directly to your PC´s harddisk.

Xonax, thanks very very much!

For just 800B I now have a little device that is portable and sits between the UBC box and the pc. MPEG2 files can be edited in Pinnacle studio and I am very happy!

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Xonax, thanks very very much!

For just 800B I now have a little device that is portable and sits between the UBC box and the pc. MPEG2 files can be edited in Pinnacle studio and I am very happy!

Thanks again.

What is it?

Where did you get it from?

Where to get a hard disc recorder?

Thanks

Edited by PattayaParent

^ I like the sound of the HDD recorder.

I assume I can just plug it into the satellite and record and then later plug it into the computer to transfer the programmes over if I want?

I don't really want to hook up the computer to the satellite as I often use both at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

look for a Digital Satellite Receiver with PVR (USB recording)

sat receiver where you can record your videos on a plug in usb stick, are standard in europe,

the main problem is, to know, that not every recorded vdo stream signal can also used on your pc.

a company, like technisat, is producing sat receivers with a recorded video stream signal on your usb stick, that is readable for your computers vlc Player,

but speaking about thailand, where can you find sat receivers, with the same technical standarts ?

The time for upgrading to an HD Satellite Receiver is on stand by,

so choose a modell with PVR (USB recording)