Retirement Visa 1 Yr 12,000B

Cheap?

It is more than a visa costs and you would pay them for their service and it is easy to do by yourself.

Please don't post in capslock, it is considered shouting and unpolite.

This is Thailand.

In Belgium at the Thai embassy, you pay administration costs for free tourist visas - turning "free" into 50% discount.

And they do the "thai bureaucrat thing" : nobody speaks english or french or dutch, but there is a very helpfull man around....

The guy has a 5 euro note in his claw, just to make things clear for newbies.

But i agree: visa stuff SHOULD be easy to do by yourself.

Actually a one year retirement extension costs 1,900 baht for everyone. Other fees might be charged for required paperwork (less that 3k) but it is likely they would be extra to the 12k/18k figures in any case. It can not be much easier than doing it yourself.

cant understand anyone paying for retirement visa service. It takes 10 minutes to get from the very friendly immigration officers in Hua Hin. It costs only Bt1,900. I never had any problem in Chiangmai either. Some years back an immigration officer told me they did not like "visa agents".

Cheap?

It is more than a visa costs and you would pay them for their service and it is easy to do by yourself.

This is Thailand.

In Belgium at the Thai embassy, you pay administration costs for free tourist visas - turning "free" into 50% discount.

And they do the "thai bureaucrat thing" : nobody speaks english or french or dutch, but there is a very helpfull man around....

Can you not go to the Consulates ?There are 2 ,one Dutch talking (Antwerp )and one French talking (Liege ):jap:

Cheap?

This is Thailand.

Can you not go to the Consulates ?There are 2 ,one Dutch talking (Antwerp )and one French talking (Liege ):jap:

Thanks for your reply.

And yes, i used the consulate last time.

There are visa agents in some cities which can "fix" the financial requirements for retirements extensions in exchange for a fee. This is presumably very illegal but that doesn't mean it isn't going on because it is going on. That may be what the OP is talking about.

Edited by Jingthing

FWIW: That price is right in line with what forum sponsors are charging people to get a persons paperwork in order, shepherd them out to immigrations and get retirement extensions of stay, etc.

Granted it is FAR cheaper (and not all that perilous) to do it yourself. However, if this is your first go-round, a little 'hand-holding' by someone whose done it time after time can go a long way to alleviate a new persons fear of the process.

I won't even hazard a comment about any of the alleged 'fixing' going on :bah: .

I've found in the long run, it's always better to follow the rules rather than flaunt them :) . ..

Edited by tod-daniels

cant understand anyone paying for retirement visa service. It takes 10 minutes to get from the very friendly immigration officers in Hua Hin. It costs only Bt1,900. I never had any problem in Chiangmai either. Some years back an immigration officer told me they did not like "visa agents".

It's the same in KHON KHAN, 1900 AND FRIENDLY IMM. OFF. Done in 10min.

CO. CHAIYAPHUM :jap: