Here'S One For You Muscle Heads

steelepulse

That's not an ordinary Mustang! And for the record 68 was the last year they looked super cool.

That's an XW Falcon. It looks to have the suspension jacked and period after-market wheels.

post-86441-0-91770900-1297046408_thumb.jpg

It's a late Mustang with naff body mods. :)

post-86441-0-91770900-1297046408_thumb.jpg

It is not a Mustang!

As I said in my post, it's an Australian Ford Falcon, around 1970-71 at a guess, I owned an XT which was 1969 from memory.

Didn't look inside, some of these came out with a straight-six 3.6litre column change.

250px-Ford_XW_Falcon_-_Targa_Tasmania_2006.jpgSome details here

Engines

3.1 litre & 3.6 litre in-line six cylinder engines carried over from the XT Falcon as did the 5.0 litre V8. A 5.8 litre V8 was introduced with the XW.

It looks like whoever built it got a road racing set up confused with a drag racing set up and therefore it's now a Franken-mobile that can neither go straight nor corner very fast :whistling: or as fast as should anyways.. A fugly one at that :bah: ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

For people who may like to learn a little about the Ford Falcon

Last year they celebrated their 50th year of manufacture in Australia

FromWiki

As a result of the longevity of its Australian production, the Falcon is one of the biggest selling names in world automotive history, selling over 3,000,000 in six generations to 2003, almost exclusively in Australia and New Zealand. As of July 2007, Ford sells upwards of 3,000 units per month.

Ford has manufactured over three million units since 1960, and has topped the sales charts in Australia on many occasions. Currently the Falcon line-up is offered in sedan and utility body styles, however in the past panel vans, station wagons, and hardtops (coupes) were offered.[3] Australian made Ford Falcons and Holden Commodores dominate the ranks of taxis in Australia and New Zealand, and are also used as police patrol cars.

They have been, and continue to be, raced successfully, including at Bathurst

The Bathurst 1000 (currently called the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000) is a 1,000-kilometre (620 mi) touring car race held annually atMount Panorama Circuit in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia.

Bathurst 1971 was a repeat Ford victory, which notably included the GT-HO development program had reached its peak with the XY-model Falcon GT-HO Phase Three with further upgrades to engine power and aerodynamics, which proved to be the world's fastest four-door production car.

5138524542_2a97ba28ca_z.jpg

1970%20XW%20Ford%20Falcon%20GTHO%20Phase%202

Edited by genghis61

• 3 months later...

Just to confirm (and make anyone with too much spare cash think twice..)

The RED drag car on the Bahtsold website is some kine of abomination of a later model fastback mustang.. its the kind of ugly abomination that is difficult to give away let alone sell.. clearly this thing has value in its racing chassis and driveline.

The price on this car.. 3,000,000 baht... CLEARLY is an attempt to get some wealthy expat who doesnt know better to hand over money far in excess of the vehicles value, whether you haggle the price down a shipload or not!

A vehicle like that can be purchased in the US for $15,000 USD or less.. its not a high horespower engine so the donk can be purchased cheaply as a crate motor anyhow. The issue for any person in Thailand is the cost of importation, which isnt so bad for someone with the correct visa, such as a marriage visa. SOoooooo.... would you pay 3,000,000 baht for a vehicle thats worth about 450,000 baht?? Hmmm me thinks not. Just for comparison, 30,000 USD will buy you a Camaro or Stang (classic muscle car with original bodywork) in SHOW condition and 1,000 + horsepower (capable of cracking the standing quarter mile in less than 10 seconds) - if I had money to spend on such a beast, id choose my own vehicle and import it myself (and never forget the opportunity to importa a muscle car from Australia, both Aussie or US muscle car that is).

THE Cars for sale attachments - the old big dull red machine is just another uninteresting big american sedan, howevery the gold/bronze car IS an Aussie Ford Falcon, XW model (as per what a previous reply stated).

Having been involved in motorsports including performance car shows and drag racing (including right up to Top Fuel) in Australia, this is a subject I know my stuff about ;)

Dont be afraid to post any locations of motorsports facilities in Thailand, or motorsports events - im moving over soon!

Cossie ;)

The RED drag car on the Bahtsold website is some kine of abomination of a later model fastback mustang.. its the kind of ugly abomination that is difficult to give away let alone sell.. clearly this thing has value in its racing chassis and driveline.

The price on this car.. 3,000,000 baht... CLEARLY is an attempt to get some wealthy expat who doesnt know better to hand over money far in excess of the vehicles value, whether you haggle the price down a shipload or not!

A vehicle like that can be purchased in the US for $15,000 USD or less.. its not a high horespower engine so the donk can be purchased cheaply as a crate motor anyhow. The issue for any person in Thailand is the cost of importation, which isnt so bad for someone with the correct visa, such as a marriage visa. SOoooooo.... would you pay 3,000,000 baht for a vehicle thats worth about 450,000 baht?? Hmmm me thinks not. Just for comparison, 30,000 USD will buy you a Camaro or Stang (classic muscle car with original bodywork) in SHOW condition and 1,000 + horsepower (capable of cracking the standing quarter mile in less than 10 seconds) - if I had money to spend on such a beast, id choose my own vehicle and import it myself (and never forget the opportunity to importa a muscle car from Australia, both Aussie or US muscle car that is).

THE Cars for sale attachments - the old big dull red machine is just another uninteresting big american sedan, howevery the gold/bronze car IS an Aussie Ford Falcon, XW model (as per what a previous reply stated).

Having been involved in motorsports including performance car shows and drag racing (including right up to Top Fuel) in Australia, this is a subject I know my stuff about ;)

Dont be afraid to post any locations of motorsports facilities in Thailand, or motorsports events - im moving over soon!

Cossie ;)

You have to spend a lot of money and have a light car to run 9's. :)

The issue for any person in Thailand is the cost of importation, which isnt so bad for someone with the correct visa, such as a marriage visa.

I believe you will find importing a car to this country is not so simple, and definitely not a 'bonus extra' with a marriage visa.

If it were so easy there would be more here.

30,000 USD will buy you a Camaro or Stang (classic muscle car with original bodywork) in SHOW condition and 1,000 + horsepower (capable of cracking the standing quarter mile in less than 10 seconds) - if I had money to spend on such a beast, id choose my own vehicle and import it myself (and never forget the opportunity to importa a muscle car from Australia, both Aussie or US muscle car that is).

No.

Have a look here: http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/PersonalVehiclesPermanent/PermanentImport.jsp?menuNme=PersonalPer

you will see that for a vehicle over 3000cc or 220 horsepower a total tax/duty of 328% applies. Three hundred and twenty eight percent! Plus fees, shipping.

Many have tried and decided it is not economically viable - a forum search will give some examples.

Cossie ;)

We ran 6.97 @ 203mph for less than $50,000 USD.

Cossie ;)

To me :), thats a lot of money but l think the muzzy in question is a street car and a full weight street car running nines costs bundles. :huh:

To me :), thats a lot of money but l think the muzzy in question is a street car and a full weight street car running nines costs bundles. :huh:

That muzzy has a full tube frame, you guys have it good if that's considered "street", as for a full weight car running nines costs a bundle, Ive mates back home that do have genuine 9 sec streeters some have invested healthy coin but a lot have not, can make a ton of easy HP from an un-opened 2JZ with just bolt's.

Having said that if you cannot do the work yourself and the vehicle is merely a cheque book car then yes, its gunna cost a pretty penny to run nines.