New Air Asia Specials

WinnieTheKhwai

The following may be of interest for people needing to leave the country the coming months.

http://www.airasia.com/nl/th/nl1102087wcc_en.htm

Highlights I think are 580 Baht for Phuket -> Chiang Mai. (Not sure about the other way around) and 1180 Baht for Chiang Mai - Singapore.

The Singapore one is especially interesting. Not only because of visa reasons, but primarily because Singapore is of course the location of the closest Hooters restaurant to Chiang Mai.

Try to book a flight on their website cheapest return I could come up with including taxes (somebody got to pay them ) is 3630TB

A bus to Mai Sai is between 600 to 750 TB return + 500Tb for the privilege of walking across the bridge (does that get paid to the troll that lives under the bridge?)

Anyway I believe everything that is posted on this forum and there is going to be a Hooters soon in CM I saw the picjerk.gif

Try to book a flight on their website cheapest return I could come up with including taxes (somebody got to pay them ) is 3630TB

A bus to Mai Sai is between 600 to 750 TB return + 500Tb for the privilege of walking across the bridge (does that get paid to the troll that lives under the bridge?)

Anyway I believe everything that is posted on this forum and there is going to be a Hooters soon in CM I saw the picjerk.gif

well ive just booked CM-Phuket return on the 18th of June coming back on the 19th for 1160thb return. Great price really.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun WinnieTheKhwai,

Thanks for keeping your eyeballs on, and posting, this kind of information !

fyi: when you go to book on these "specials," the site tells you:

"Booking Period : 8 February 2011 - 21 February 2011

Travel Period : 4 May 2011 - 31 July 2011

Travel Notes

- Advanced booking required.

- Fares are not available during embargo period."

Would assume the "embargo period" would be 22 February - 3 May, but it would be useful if that were made explicit.

best, ~o:37;

I strongly suspect that the guy who posted that was pulling our leg.

However the Singapore deal can be had for much cheaper than you state; after you add airport tax, the total is just 2420 baht for a RETURN. Note that Air Asia promotional fares are as-is, no surcharges or anything. The only thing they add is the (rather exorbitant) airport tax charged by the Thai Airports Authority.

post-64232-0-25480100-1297155483_thumb.p

I strongly suspect that the guy who posted that was pulling our leg.

However the Singapore deal can be had for much cheaper than you state; after you add airport tax, the total is just 2420 baht for a RETURN. Note that Air Asia promotional fares are as-is, no surcharges or anything. The only thing they add is the (rather exorbitant) airport tax charged by the Thai Airports Authority.

post-64232-0-25480100-1297155483_thumb.p

Sadly Changi have recently raised their airport tax to a similarly exorbitant 760Bt equivalent. Makes KUL a somewhat cheaper visa-run option now with their tax being only 275Bt equivalent.

I was sort of expecting that, because Changi's charge is similar. However, keep in mind that Changi has consistently been voted as the best airport in the world, and that it is a major international airport. So the 760 baht tax is somewhat understandable. World class facilities, world class connections. Now compare this with ... Chiang Mai Airport.. charging pretty much the same. :o

WOW! 880B to Phnom Penh. Definitely worth booking an onward ticket for piece mind for my one way trip to LOS now.:lol:

Now let's see.

60 day tourist visa - check!

Booking period, up to 13 Feb - check!

Arrive LOS 3 March - check!

Travel from 4 May - hang on, I'll just take my socks off.

Edited by Lite Beer
Profanities removed.

WOW! 880B to Phnom Penh. Definitely worth booking an onward ticket for piece mind for my one way trip to LOS now.:lol:

Now let's see.

60 day tourist visa - check!

Booking period, up to 13 Feb - check!

Arrive LOS 3 March - check!

Travel from 4 May - hang on, I'll just take my socks off.

Bugger?:whistling:

I was sort of expecting that, because Changi's charge is similar. However, keep in mind that Changi has consistently been voted as the best airport in the world, and that it is a major international airport. So the 760 baht tax is somewhat understandable. World class facilities, world class connections. Now compare this with ... Chiang Mai Airport.. charging pretty much the same. :o

I have flown AAisa to Changi... They do not pull up to the World Class facility... You land out in a no man's land and are bussed to a cheap terminal <_<

Edited by sfokevin

I have flown AAisa to Changi... They do not pull up to the World Class facility... You land out in a no man's land and are bussed to a cheap terminal <_<

AirAsia has always used Terminal 1 at Changi (i.e. one of the main terminals). They have never used the Budget Terminal that Tiger Airways uses.

There are 4 terminals at Singapore Chiangi Intl Airports....3 terminals #1 2 and 3 are world class and best..AAsia operates through terminal 1 which is world class....whereas the last terminl is call Budget Terminal which budget airlines operate like Tiger Airways, Cebu Pacific etc.....wonder how they voted Chiangi as the best and you consider it not up to World Class facility....which airport is World Class then.. :blink: