Driving License Renewal

rahulkhare

Hello,

I am having a Thai Driving License which is going to be expired by 10th March 2011. I am looking for the renewal of this driving license.

It would be great if someone can guide me for the following

When I got my temporary license last year; I was working and living in Ayutthaya but in the mid of last year I changed my job and now working in Laski, Bangkok but still living in Ayuthaya....

1. before how many days of the expiry of temporary license, I can apply for renewal?

2. can I get my license renewed at Ayuthaya office or I've to go to Bangkok office.

3. I've a valid visa (non-immg.) / work permit. The work permit shows that I m working in Bangkok. Would it cause any problem if I apply in Ayuthaya?

4. I have bank statements which show my present address in Ayuthaya,is it possible to use them as address proof?

5. If I've to go to Bangkok office, which office do I need to contact as my office is in Changwattana Road, Laski, Bangkok area?

6. what are the documents required for license renewal?

7. how much time would it take to complete the process?

8. any other important information which one should know before go for a renewal?

thanks in advance.

Best Regards

You need the same documents that were required the first time. You can go renew your DL to a five year at any time and at any LTD office.

Some LTD office will let you renew early and some will not. You can try tomorrow. If you do go after the 11 march there is no penalty.

Edited by gotlost

You need the same documents that were required the first time. You can go renew your DL to a five year at any time and at any LTD office.

dont forget the medical certificate, i renewed mine in Pedbury and was sent to a pharmacy where they gave me the certificate for 35 bhat, what a joke.