Mcdonalds Rama 4 And Silom Closed?

Grawburg

In all my years this is only the 2nd McDonalds I've seen close in the whole world!

First they raise the price of a cheeseburger 2 baht and now they close the closest one to my house!!!!

For ther love of God is nothing sacred!!!!!!!!!!! You want me to walk 3 blocks to the next McDoanlds!!!!! You animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure it is closed for good? Maybe they are just renovating. That place always seemed packed. Typically McDonalds makes most of their money from buying the land and leasing to a franchisee but not sure how it works in Thailand. But maybe that is not the case here and their lease is up and they want to put something else on that prime spot.

Not a big fast food fan but I find the McDonald's burgers here don't taste like the ones in the US. The cardboard / beef doesn't have the same flavor. And their fries suck here but that may be the case back in the US now too as I read they changed something with the fries for health reasons.

Bottom line is if I am in the mood for tasting fast food from home and am in the area I much prefer Burger King a couple blocks down. They somehow have managed to keep the same taste as the original. It is also fun to take a naive Thai person to eat there and casually mention how at the movies in the US we are required to stand for the Burger King commercial at the start of each show.

Bottom line is if I am in the mood for tasting fast food from home and am in the area I much prefer Burger King a couple blocks down. They somehow have managed to keep the same taste as the original.

You have got it backwards. McDonald's tastes the same everywhere, but Burger King uses much better quality beef in the US and is inferior in Thailand and much more expensive than McDonald's. I prefer Burger King back home, but not here.

Bottom line is if I am in the mood for tasting fast food from home and am in the area I much prefer Burger King a couple blocks down. They somehow have managed to keep the same taste as the original.

You have got it backwards. McDonald's tastes the same everywhere, but Burger King uses much better quality beef in the US and is inferior in Thailand and much more expensive than McDonald's. I prefer Burger King back home, but not here.

I wouldn't buy the hype of McDonalds tasting the same everywhere because they surely don't. In most Asian countries the so-called beef has a different taste. If you prefer BigMacs or other burgers covered in many sauces you probably won't notice but I personally only go for a regular burger there or at most a cheesburger and without a doubt they don't taste the same ... not even close. The Asia burgers have a lack of almost any beef taste. On the other hand, I do like Burger Kings BBQ w/bacon cheese burger and it may be covering up some of the lack of beef taste and I don't notice. However, it does have the familiar taste of being flamed broiled.

Bottom line is if the beef is imported, shipped and freeze dried it is going to have a different taste and if it is produced locally it is also going to have a different taste unless they are using the same type of beef cattle used in the US and raised the same way which I highly doubt is going on here in Thailand or a country like the Philippines.

In Europe I have no doubt the McDonalds can provide the same taste but it is not going to happen in poorer places where the majority of the population don't even eat beef.

On the other hand, I do like Burger Kings BBQ w/bacon cheese burger and it may be covering up some of the lack of beef taste and I don't notice.

I think that you are tasting the bacon which improves the tasteless beef measurably. I wish that they used the same beef as in the US, but it must be too expensive to get it in this part of the world.

You might be right about the sauce at McDonald's as I always have the Big Mac which tastes the same everywhere to me. ;)

On the other hand, I do like Burger Kings BBQ w/bacon cheese burger and it may be covering up some of the lack of beef taste and I don't notice.

I think that you are tasting the bacon which improves the tasteless beef measurably. I wish that they used the same beef as in the US, but it must be too expensive to get it in this part of the world.

You might be right about the sauce at McDonald's as I always have the Big Mac which tastes the same everywhere to me. ;)

I have not had a big mac in ages but now cannot get the thought of that sauce they put on out of my head ... guess where I am going for lunch today ;-)

I think the whole health thing got me away from Big Macs. If I indulged myself in going to McDonalds in the US I limited myself to a cheeseburger thinking at least I was eating the minimum burger. McDonald is actually more my weakness in the US but something about BBQ Sauce and Bacon on a burger gets me craving BK here sometimes. It really has got to be the sauces cause even in the US both places probably have sh@t beef too. I could swear I remembered reading once that the burger beef actually had no flavor until they added a beef flavoring.

Bottom line is these places do serve a purpose in terms of satisfying feelings of missing things back home. I guess there is a reason for the term "comfort foods"

Junk food is 100% the right description, or rather "junk" is, but "food" is not. Why anyone wants to eat this cr*p I can't imagine, especially when there is loads of better tasting and cheaper food on just about every street.

Junk food is 100% the right description, or rather "junk" is, but "food" is not. Why anyone wants to eat this cr*p I can't imagine, especially when there is loads of better tasting and cheaper food on just about every street.

Thought we would get one out of the woodwork.

The one thing you will not get at McD's is salmonella or similar, but at your stated chosen eating venues, well, good luck. :huh:

Everything you eat is about moderation. Am classed as a senior now and have eaten the so called junk food since it was introduced, not over weight, health checks come up OK, so just think you are a snob. :D

Macdonalds here tastes nothing like Macdoanlds in the UK , also KFC tastes nothing the same

Burger King, the burgers tastes the same, but the fries dont

I find McDonalds in Thailand to be better than the UK. Partly it's the differences in the range: Double Big Mac, Chicken wings etc. Partly it's the less undesirable clientele. I enjoy it more in Thailand.

Haven't tried BK in Thailand, but the fries in the UK are foul.

The only thing I find better about McDonalds here is the fried chicken and spicy mcwings. The lack of a quarter pounder is a big negative. I prefer Burger King every time here, unfortunately they don't deliver at 3am

KFC is completely different than in the US. Serve everything with french fries here instead of all the different side dishes. Not nearly as good

Edited by DP25