All Set For New Bangkok Airport Inaugural Flight

george

All set for new Bangkok airport inaugural flight

September 29, 2005

BANGKOK: -- Air traffic control services at Bangkok's new international airport, Suvarnabhumi, were now ready for the arrival of the inaugural flight later this month, the president of the state-controlled company AEROTHAI (Aeronautical Radio of Thailand Ltd), Priti Hetrakul, said here today.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra will be aboard the first aircraft to land. His Airbus 340-600 is due to arrive at 0939 on September 29th. A planeload of journalists and other media representatives will follow in a Boeing 747.

The director of the Bangkok Airport Air Traffic Control Department, Pilot Officer Preecha Praedum, said that the aircraft in the inaugural flight would either circle the airport area for about 20 minutes, or the planes would fly to the northern province of Phitsanulok which would take around 30 minutes before landing at the new airport.

He said AEROTHAI has prepared 10 air traffic control tower staff, 20 personnel for the radar control room, and 30 technicians and engineers to ensure a smooth first flight.

He said commercial operators would use the Suvarnabhumi airport while chartered flights and military aircraft would continue to use Bangkok's existing Don Muang Airport.

--TNA 2005-09-06

He said commercial operators  would use the Suvarnabhumi airport while chartered flights and military aircraft would continue to use Bangkok's  existing Don Muang Airport.

That would seem to finally put to rest the question of from which airport will domestic flights operate?

BANGKOK: --  Air traffic control services at Bangkok's new international airport,  Suvarnabhumi,  were now ready for  the arrival of the inaugural flight later this month,  the president of the state-controlled company AEROTHAI (Aeronautical Radio of Thailand Ltd),  Priti Hetrakul, said here today.

they just had pictures of the air traffic control building on the news, and its still a building site :o

Edited by Joey Boy

a project of that size is an enormous undertaking , and in spite of all the problems they have had with it and in spite of all the negative publicity of late , i congratulate all those involved hands on in the planning and building of it.

i hope it is a success , and i look forward to being a passenger there one day soon.

BANGKOK: --  Air traffic control services at Bangkok's new international airport,  Suvarnabhumi,  were now ready for  the arrival of the inaugural flight later this month,  the president of the state-controlled company AEROTHAI (Aeronautical Radio of Thailand Ltd),  Priti Hetrakul, said here today.

they just had pictures of the air traffic control building on the news, and its still a building site :o

Who said complete was a requirement? :D

It was on the news last night. The new airport will open on the 29th. Is this a face saving effort, or is it really going to open?

Barry

The 29th of which month and of which year, that is the question is it not dear Barry?

Barry are you suggesting 29 December AD 2006 let me spell this out: two thousand and SIX Gregorian calendar. BTW Barry: read my lips: on all earlier dates all illegal bets are off. They better put that in the real news in stead of their darn propaganda :o

Edited by gievali

All set for new Bangkok airport inaugural flight

September 29, 2005

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra will be aboard the first aircraft to land.  His Airbus 340-600 is due to arrive at 0939 on September 29th.  A planeload of journalists and other media representatives will follow in a Boeing 747.

.. Snip

--TNA 2005-09-06

A plane load of journalists, being controlled by AEORTHAI.

Is AEROTHAI a distant relation to AEROFLOT?

Maybe with some praying ...... :o

CP

So are new flights going to be arriving there? I'm arriving October 9th.. will we arrive at don m or the new airport?

Interesting thai airways called me last night and said the flight leaving in november will be 30 mn later? (from JFK to BKK)

Sean

So are new flights going to be arriving there? I'm arriving October 9th.. will we arrive at don m or the new airport?

Interesting thai airways called me last night and said the flight leaving in november will be 30 mn later? (from JFK to BKK)

Sean

Don Muang - trust me if you are landing at the new airport smth is wrong. :o

Sean

Don Muang - trust me if you are landing at the new airport smth is wrong. :o

Oh yes indeedy :D