Manila Cops Arrested Over Extortion From Tourists

Pria

Just stumbled across this:

Manila police accused of tourist scam

Five Philippine policemen who forced a German tourist to buy them laptop computers by threatening him with false drug and terrorism charges are facing dismissal.

The incident, which took place in Manila's financial district of Makati, comes after the city put “tourist police” on the streets with the promise that they were there to assist visitors.

AAP reported the five policemen were alleged to have approached the German tourist at a shopping mall on January 29 and initially accused him of buying counterfeit goods.

When he denied this, they accused him of illegal drug possession, said the local police chief.

The rest is at Manila police accused of tourist scam

It hasn't got anythingto do with Pattaya except that I met someone during the bed races who said a similar thing had happened to him just the week before, but never got to finish the conversation with him.

Just posting it in here on the off chance the person I spoke to is reading this forum.

This is where Tropo is supposed to chime in and tell us what a great place the Philippines is and how wonderful the people are and why he has been living in Thailand for five years.

But what do I know, I'm just a tool. Smart guys live in Philippines and love Philippino women.

Yesterday, a gaggle of single overweight Philippine expats seen intermittently in MRT wearing silly Harley Davidson of <insert Philippine province here> shirts.