Ladies Clothes Shopping Largely In Bangkok/Samutprakan Area

nephron

What shops or chains should I be looking for to find mid-range to, I don't know how to put it, "nice"? clothes for a farang woman, about 170cm (5'7")/US size 6-8?

I need a new work wardrobe, so trousers, skirts past the knees, button up shirts or other fairly dressy tops. I like to be well-presented in good-quality clothes but it's not a high-fashion workplace.

To clarify my budget- at home I probably pay on average 1200 baht for a shirt, maybe 1500 baht for a pair of trousers, which would be fairly average quality. I would expect to be able to trade up in quality a little?

I'm 27, if that helps in terms of what shops would be appropriate, and I have a personal chauffeur (a.k.a. my father) so I am pretty mobile ;)

(I posted this in Ladies rather than the region forum because I think the women in this forum are likely to know more about the clothes available than the largely men who frequent the rest of the boards, but move if you think it's inappropriate).

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by nephron

I'm staying in Bang Phli, but that's not far from Bangkok central, so getting into the city proper shouldn't be a problem. I know I'm not large... but some shops that cater to Thai women might struggle a bit with the height? That said, my stepaunt is about my height (though about 10kg lighter).

Do you have any suggestions for specific shops or shopping centres I should try?

There is only one place to go in Bangkok, for a wide selection of the latest fashion at wholesale prices, that is Platinum. Its next to IT city, (Pantip Plaza). Its where the retail outlets purchase their stock and Thais in the know shop. There are over 1000 individual stores and carry a large range of sizes. Just my 2 cents worth.

Only problem with Platinum is you cannot try the clothes on in almost all of the shops. Not the best solution for tricky to fit people. I shop at Platinum and even with my shorter frame have purchased a few things don't fit in the chest region.