Favorite Vegetarian

ricklev

Every year or so I like to start a thread about vegetarian food in Bangkok. It dies quickly, but sometimes I learn about a new place.....

My favorite curry on rice place is in the Central Pinklao food court; very good quality brown rice, a good variety of dishes prepared with minimal oil, nice presentation on the plate,and regular changes of the dishes according to the season and what vegetables are available. Somebody involved there cares about food and quality! No place I know of comes close, but I hope someone will tell me differently. MBK, Amarin Plaza, Ploenchit Center food court veggie rad khao places are so-so compared to this one.

I think the enchiladas at Sunrise Taco made with corn and potatoe are very good, especially with the great salsa bar.

• Like 1

thanks for writing this, i came here five years ago solid vegetarian mostly raw foodist at 64 now, i eat 90% vegetables and raw juices, but the blood tests showed anemic and started eating some fish, meat and chicken. I workout regularly and do Maui Thai class once a week. Swimming an weights and running as well as Yoga at least once a week. I feel great except an injury all the time from something that i did in workout but it heals in about a week or so. Now I bought a folding bike and ride all around Bkk. My Thai lady enjoys when i eat her food from the South which is always cooked.

I always can tell when we eat out if MSG is used I get stuffed up in my nose. So eating home is always preferred.

A friend from the USA has been vegetarian for three years since visiting me and is strict and happier than ever eat veges. We go MBK food court for their veges but i do get the msg there. It is used allover i am told. Too bad. Thanks again,

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the 50 baht vegetarian set menu at Lanka Bojana, a Sri Lankan restaurant in Pratunam. One of my favorites for great cheap vegetarian food. They deliver through Food Panda, but maybe not the 50 baht set. http://www.foodpanda...es/Lanka-Bojana The prices seem to be marked up and the selection limited on the delivery menu.

post-3026-0-99238300-1359019776_thumb.jp

Edited by ricklev

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I find it hard to find proper veggie places in BKK, but i have a few more now! Thanks guys!

If any of you stay in or happen to be in Ramkhamhaeng, there are two great and cheap veggie stalls in the uni food court (anyone may go in and eat)

For anyone here who sometimes eats meat beware of the meat at Mrs Balbirs, i got a really nasty stomach problem recently from their chicken! Makes me regret eating meat at all!

Edited by ChrisB87