Visit To Vietnam

I am resident in Thailand and wish to travel to Vietnam with my wife and child for long weekend, any one have information on this? cost of flights? good hotel etc

Do you get a visa at the embassy here in Bangkok? how easy to get?

Any general recomendations?

Thanks for the help in advance

I was thinking Hanoi the other day. So, from the embassy, Thai nationals can go to Vietnam without getting a visa prior to departure and stay for two months (I very doubt the two months bits though). Not sure if it's visa on arrival or not. Flights from Bangkok to Hanoi cost about 8,000 THB exc. taxes and insurance.

I have done this, best thing to do is go to a travel agent, book the flights etc, when i went a couple of years ago the travel agent took our passports, my Thai wife did not need a visa, and they got me the visa, it took about 4 days, i stayed in the saigon hotel, overlooking the river in ho chi minh city, if you go make sure you do not take 100 dollar bills, i had a ###### of a problem changing these, no problem with the lower amounts, take a trip to the tunnels outside Saigon, good, get a return flight from Hanoi, and travel up on the train stopping en route, good.