Justice Of The Peace

Xangsamhua

I came across this เจ้าหน้าที่ท้องถิ่นที่มีอำนาจในการพิจารณาคดีเล็กๆ น้อยๆ in an online dictionary reference.

Also, a justice of the peace is similar to a magistrate, which doesn't seem to have a different definition from a judge in my references - ผู้พิพากษา

Maybe you could use ผู้พิพากษาศาลแขวง which would translate as the judge or magistrate of the district court.

As a foot note i must admit my knowledge of law is limited, and in my opinion my first offer is a bit long for a business card. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help you.

I came across this เจ้าหน้าที่ท้องถิ่นที่มีอำนาจในการพิจารณาคดีเล็กๆ น้อยๆ in an online dictionary reference.

Also, a justice of the peace is similar to a magistrate, which doesn't seem to have a different definition from a judge in my references - ผู้พิพากษา

Maybe you could use ผู้พิพากษาศาลแขวง which would translate as the judge or magistrate of the district court.

As a foot note i must admit my knowledge of law is limited, and in my opinion my first offer is a bit long for a business card. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help you.

Thank you, bhoydy. We were looking at something like these yesterday, but were worried that the ผู้พิพากษา designation, even for small cases, may exceed the authority of a JP and hence would be seen as a misrepresentation. I don't think a JP passes judgement on cases.

It's a difficult one, as I don't think Thailand has a direct equivalent of JP and Commissioner for Declarations.