Radio With Built In Gps

FalseMove

Hi guys, I just bought a car here in Thailand and would appreciate some help here. I seem to lost my way very often here in Thailand so I reckon I REALLY need a GPS in my car. I did some research on my own and I think I'd prefer a touch screen radio with built in GPS as well as compatible with my iPhone. I'd like to play the music directly from my iPhone without the hassle of CDs.

1) I'm staying in Chiang Mai. Is there any good brands, models, etc.. that fits my requirements? (ie: Clarion, Sony, Kenwood, etc...)

2) Do I have to pay for the monthly usage of the GPS?

Thank you very much.

Many options available. All brands listed will have a solution that fits the bill, but navi add-ons for these are always expensive and map data dubious - for this you'd be looking at 30k - 40k baht as a start.

Another option is a more basic CD/DVD player with bluetooth and ipod support for 6k-15k (name brand) and a sepearate GPS like Garmin Nuvi for 4k-10k.

GPS signals are still free :)

Well until the next big solar flare next year sends a radiation burst that wipes out the satellites and we all get lumped with extra taxes to pay for new birds, heh ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis