Farang Men/thai Girlfriends -what's The Thai View?

dubwise

Hey, but how do Thai girls know for instance if a foreigner is has a good personality in the first place? They must be attracted to something else in the first place like opposite cultures or money.

Right on Fanta. you're right on the mark with that but don't tell Siam & others who think same. Those dudes have captured Thai chicks from day one with their looks, charm and wit; cash was never ever a factor

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Fanta, I'm sure that you know how to treat a lady. Act like a farang.

ROFL .... Certainly some personality tendencies of faranghood are more appealing, but the cultural divide is so big that most Thai and Farang alike cannot interpret actions correctly - leading to a LOT of miscommunication that is almost invariably a bad thing (maybe not at the time, but later when the "lie" is discovered ...)

Certainly Farang women get treated better in some respects than Thai women - Farang men tend to do at least some of the housework, generally concern themselves with how their lady feels, what she thinks, etc etc. However, Thai culture dictates a different set of actions, and if you don't do them (i.e. act Thai) ....

But your only 19 years old, you need to study to get that thai girl when your 50 years old!

sh*T you make alot of money. I'm only getting 8,5 euro if I'm lucky.

Hah yes lots of studying and "exercises"! :o

Construction where I live is booming massively so it pays really well. Can start off with no experience whatsoever making $16-$18 an hour. It's all high rise stuff.

Hey, but how do Thai girls know for instance if a foreigner is has a good personality in the first place? They must be attracted to something else in the first place like opposite cultures or money.

Right on Fanta. you're right on the mark with that but don't tell Siam & others who think same. Those dudes have captured Thai chicks from day one with their looks, charm and wit; cash was never ever a factor

How are girls in other parts of the world any different?

oh dear, I saw it!!

Strangely enough, Thai women are a bit similar to other women around the world. When they talk to a guy they can sort of find out his personality by conversation.

Or do farang girls have some special 6th sense we don't have?

Of course, if you are talking about meeting a girl in a bar, maybe your only contact with Thai girls, then the size of your wallet is important.

The dude feels that in 95% or more of thai/farang relationships that cash was a major factor somewhere along the line. Thems pretty good odds dudes. Furthermore, the dude also feels that 95% of the dudes who claim to be in the 5% category above are living in pipe dreams. Who can dig what the dude is saying?

I'm diggin it dude

not fiddy pa cen'

not nandy p cen'

one hunnert p' cen what da Dude drops here is true

That goes for all u good lookin guys too....because if you aint got no money, she will <deleted> the other guy with cash ahead of U

Oh yes, I gotto agree wif that, I reckon 100percen

every time i go to bar, the gurls there are nice , but they all want munney for sex

evry one, and they ask for it to

I mean, if you hansum man like Thapwriter, well hung and all, you wuld think it wuld be free, innit? but he has to pay to, throu the nose I bet. I dunno why he says 95percen tho, cos I bet it is 100 evn for him, unless he gets a granny now and then

and The Dud, he nows his way around dunne, he speaks like the qeen, all this and that, a bit posh true, and he says, if you aint got the munny, you dont get it, so tru

so, thats it reely, all thai gurls want munny, every one, no exeption

not like at home, just see a gurl and buy her a cupple of beers, and she will go out the back wif you for a quicky, even in the boxs and crates

i like Thai gurls tho, even if they all want munny

ASL?

IQ?

The dude feels that in 95% or more of thai/farang relationships that cash was a major factor somewhere along the line. Thems pretty good odds dudes. Furthermore, the dude also feels that 95% of the dudes who claim to be in the 5% category above are living in pipe dreams. Who can dig what the dude is saying?

I'm diggin it dude

not fiddy pa cen'

not nandy p cen'

one hunnert p' cen what da Dude drops here is true

That goes for all u good lookin guys too....because if you aint got no money, she will <deleted> the other guy with cash ahead of U

Oh yes, I gotto agree wif that, I reckon 100percen

every time i go to bar, the gurls there are nice , but they all want munney for sex

evry one, and they ask for it to

I mean, if you hansum man like Thapwriter, well hung and all, you wuld think it wuld be free, innit? but he has to pay to, throu the nose I bet. I dunno why he says 95percen tho, cos I bet it is 100 evn for him, unless he gets a granny now and then

and The Dud, he nows his way around dunne, he speaks like the qeen, all this and that, a bit posh true, and he says, if you aint got the munny, you dont get it, so tru

so, thats it reely, all thai gurls want munny, every one, no exeption

not like at home, just see a gurl and buy her a cupple of beers, and she will go out the back wif you for a quicky, even in the boxs and crates

i like Thai gurls tho, even if they all want munny

Ypu are a troll or an absolute Spastic

Rj

Again, how would you know?

What makes you think that YOU know of all farang/Thai relationships, that 95% are based on money? Like I said before, yeah sure SOME are. It's like saying all farang's are rich / all Thai are poor, simply not true!

Rj

What makes you think that YOU know of all farang/Thai relationships, that 95% are based on money? Like I said before, yeah sure SOME are. It's like saying all farang's are rich / all Thai are poor, simply not true!

Rj

hey, don't worry, he is not too smart

he even thinks I am a dude (?)

I think most Thai "chicks" he has met are the Katoeey type, but I don't hold that against him :o

Rj

hey, don't worry, he is not too smart

he even thinks I am a dude (?)

I think most Thai "chicks" he has met are the Katoeey type, but I don't hold that against him :D

You don't...... :D

But I bet they do........... :o

• 3 months later...
My mother has a really dislike for foreign people in Thailand. I think she dislikes farang married to thai girls too. I'm not sure about this subject though, because she never wants to talk about it. Also she doesn't want me to bring up the subject, she always get angry or irritated at me. I think thai people just don't want to say their true opinion.

Your mother is a hypocrite , she has spawned another one in you.

I married a Thai lady who is happy to live in another country , she is also happy to see foreign people in her country.

If what you say is true, you Mother also hates you , ergo you are the product of her hatred.

My half Thai half farang sons are too busy getting on with their lives to be as bigotted as you appear to be.

I get a strong racist flavour through your dim witted generalisations you calll posts.

:o

Edited by chonabot

You now, I have had troubles before. Just standing outside the shops smoking I have been abused by thai males ,called kwai etc. When walking with my wife I often get thai men make comments about me. She nudges me to keep me in line, but occasionally she gets p1ssed and has a word with them.

Mind you this is rare, but it does happen.

My mother has a really dislike for foreign people in Thailand. I think she dislikes farang married to thai girls too. I'm not sure about this subject though, because she never wants to talk about it. Also she doesn't want me to bring up the subject, she always get angry or irritated at me. I think thai people just don't want to say their true opinion.

I agree. In the consevative community they didn't look at the girl favorably. My mom family live in Bangkok. When my mom married my dad, her family side cut her off right away. They didn't want to have any communication with her at all...for about 20 some years. They looked down at her than at my american dad. Hmm...I'm sure what they're thinking.... The only two that seem to accept the idea are her own mom and dad. This was 40 years ago, my mom and dad are still together happily!

My mom said at the time the thais look at the girls who're with farang as a typical certain stereotype......

I agree. In the consevative community they didn't look at the girl favorably. My mom family live in Bangkok. When my mom married my dad, her family side cut her off right away. They didn't want to have any communication with her at all...for about 20 some years. They looked down at her than at my american dad. Hmm...I'm sure what they're thinking.... The only two that seem to accept the idea are her own mom and dad. This was 40 years ago, my mom and dad are still together happily!

My mom said at the time the thais look at the girls who're with farang as a typical certain stereotype......

You know your right and so do I but it's whats in your heart not thiers that counts. This is definetly a doubled edged sword, look at what Farrangs think when they see a mixed couple together. It's not just here either or just thai. I was raised in a farm area lots of mexican people there. When I was a kid my friends were mexican as well a caucaions. My uncle saw me playing wtih a Mexcian kid next door. He never spoke to me again.

It wasn't that long ago that people were killed for being in mixed realtioships in America.

So the one that I worry aboput is what my wife thinks, I could care less what the Thai or biggoted farrangs think. Friends both Thai and farrrang who have taken the time to know us, understand why we are togehter.

Sometimes I hear the comment about 'old farang taking our girls', and I wonder. Something I've heard a lot from Thai ladies is that many Thai men regard them as 'their' property. Part of the reason many Thai ladies look for foreign husbands I believe.

This is by no means exclusively a Thai thing. Many cultures regard the women as property. But then these men should start to realise that in the modern world, 'their' ladies will look at the freedom that so many women from all over the world enjoy, and want some of that equality for themselves.

They are not 'your' ladies, unless she is your daughter. Get real.

Possibly if more foreign men would actually get wives/girlfriends who would actually be considered attractive then there would be a bigger problem. :o

Possibly, if the assumption is that the girl is an (ex) prostitute then they wouldn't want that girl anyway, so not much lost?

Possibly, if less local men killed themselves doing utterly insane things on motorbikes, then there would actually be a shortage.

As it stands.. They're not upset us eating their rice either are they? Plenty of it.

BTW I agree with the poster who said there's not a racism problem in Thailand. (of course class-ism is rife but that's a different discussion; give the guy a break for assuming his comments would be read within the context of this topic).

Actually, I assumed it was a jab at the recent scenes on that Australian beach. Now that would be a racism problem! People on this forum always go on about xenophobia, well, cry me a river guys.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Possibly if more foreign men would actually get wives/girlfriends who would actually be considered attractive then there would be a bigger problem. :D 

Careful Chanchao... comments by falangs on how Thais think that most falangs are getting the rejects of Thai society must be censored (ala the thread that was closed not too long ago). Oversensitive denial, anyone?

Possibly if more foreign men would actually get wives/girlfriends who would actually be considered attractive then there would be a bigger problem. :D 

Careful Chanchao... comments by falangs on how Thais think that most falangs are getting the rejects of Thai society must be censored (ala the thread that was closed not too long ago). Oversensitive denial, anyone?

Perhaps not attractive to Thai(s) would be the better response, but majority are very attractive by western eyes. :D

Having seen Thai/Farang couples over a twelve-year period in many countries, my observation is that as far as the pea-brained pretty/ugly argument goes, it's pretty much the same as any couples you'll see anywhere. Some pretty/handsome, some average, some ugly, and a mix of it all. They only stand out because of the mixed couple thing.

It seems to be a thorn in the side of many, jealousy, sour grapes, possesiveness who knows. Who cares. Get over it.

Most women ( of all nationalities) regard husbands as a status symbol.

A fat, ugly and smelly farang on the arm of a young Thai women is still a symbol of some kind...perhaps a lot better than not having a man at all.

If other Thai women look down upon a couple in a mixed race relationship, it would mainly be because their own husbands are regarded as higher status symbols.

This post ^ is spot on! Status and security is everything to women. Everything!

The legacy of Field Marshall Sarit proves it. In the longer, published version of this story the author claimed that the very mention of this man's name caused people to tremble in fear years after his demise. And yet, he had a wife and 171 concubines. Each concubine was given a house, car, diamond ring, and cash in exchange for their agreeing to 'see' the man. Those women each opted for security courtesy of a despot.

Your mother is a hypocrite , she has spawned another one in you.

I married a Thai lady who is happy to live in another country , she is also happy to see foreign people in her country.

If what you say is true, you Mother also hates you , ergo you are the product of her hatred.

My half Thai half farang sons are too busy getting on with their lives to be as bigotted as you appear to be.

I get a strong racist flavour through your dim witted generalisations you calll posts.

Have to strongly disagree. Certainly the dim witted generalisation here was yours, chonabot. :D

I think the way we (fanag/thai couple) are looked upon is defined by the way we act in puiblic or even in our own settings.

I walk around wiht my wife on the market and in the moo baan and in the area where I live there are not a lot of farang living.

I am from asian decent , obviuously look european but just with black (greay) hair and a nice tan.

When she goes alone to the market the people ask her where I am, even during working hours. When we walk around people (especially older ones) come up to us and ask us all kind of personal things, like howmany children, if we fight a lot and such. But I never, not even when going out in Bangkok, met any funny things other than from other mostly intoxicated farang that want to take my honey over.....when (after getting bored and after the obvious signs do not get through) she or me tells them to bugger of they just look plain stupid at us and than (because off my tan) the racism starts...it sticks with words because I am 6ft1 and 100 kg and am strong as I look, a little old however, but it is a little funny that not even the Thai but 'my own people' start this thing because they seem not be able to accept that my lady is already spoken for...

anybody else had this experience as well??