Venereal Warts

infinity11

I think they are slow growing flat warts on lower penis shaft.

I also think the best method might be freezing them off.

Looking for the best self treatment and the best doctor in Pattaya just in case.

So far a pharmacist suggested podiphillyin paint.

Another said that would hurt and suggested Aldara 5% cream.

Another said if using Aldara to put Vaseline around the area first.

I want to post in Pattaya forum too asking for the best doctor there and hope that is ok.

This is kind of serious and need as much help as possible.

If not please leave this one and close that one.

Thank you Kindly.

Podophyllin paint doesn't hurt, in my book. I had it applied on some warts on my anus. It's highly toxic and should only be applied by some experience in using it. It was advised that I really needed my warts to be burned off with a laser. Unfortunately the doctors I saw didn't know anywhere that I could have it done. That advice was given in Korat. Thailand's second biggest city, I believe.

Go to Naklue medical clinic 038 222295 Naklua They use electric 3500 Baht.

The paint is painless,it is if gets on surrounding skin,but only lasts a day or so. Put it on with a toothpick,works well,does not burn the wart off but changes the cell structure and gets rid

Will be the case of a swinging dick for 3 days though with bandages,do not go back for re dressing at 300 baht,take it off after day 3

Edited by jori

^ And why NOT put this in the Health, Body and Medicine forum of the country's best online forums?

Does it upset you?

Not everyone is comfortable discussing personal health issues with their regular doctor and some people have a simple fear of doctors offices. Here, the OP can remain 100% anonymous and get confirmation or otherwise on what the pharmacists have been telling him.

OK guys, let's tone it down.

Indeed, the Health Forum is an appropriate place for posting such inquiries.

OP:

1. See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001889

For a clear discussion of this problem and treatment options.

2. Of the medications mentioned:

- Imiquimod (Aldara) is prescription-only in Thailand. OTC sales is illegal (for both seller and buyer). It has also been mt experience that where prescription-only drugs are sold OTC, in especially if openly so and in an areas with many expats, they are often counterfeit.

- Podophyllin and TCA lack a brand licensed for sale in Thailand at all, although hospitals/clinics may have them.

3. You are infectious, and while in men this condition is more of a nuisance than a serious health threat, in women it can lead to cervical cancer -- and women will usually not even know they are infected as they may either not have warts or the warts may be internal where they can't be seen. You have an ethical obligation to inform sexual partners that you carry the hPV virus (not to be confused with HIV). If you have (now or in recent past) a regular partner she needs to see a gynecologist for HPV testing, Thin Prep (pap smear) and appropriate follow-up in positive. if negative -- or for future partners if they are f HPV negative (most likely in women with few prior sexual partners) -- immunization can protect from infection, but needs a series of 3 shots during which time should refrain from sexual contact with you. Although the vaccione is listed as for women under 26, these are general recommendations based on the fact that the younger a woman is, generally the fewer sexual partners she has had and thus more likelihood she is not already HPV infected. Older women can also benefiot from vaccination, the key issue is not age but that the woman is not already infected. Like all vaccines, it works only if gioven before infection.

Condoms provide only partial protection (should still be used -- regularly -- since partial is better than none). Even after your warts are gone, you may still be infectious, so these guidelines are for life.

4. Because of point #2 and also so that you can get detailed counselling re point #3, I recommend you not try to self treat but rather see a doctor specializing in STIs. An excellent and inexpensive option for this is the Thai red cross Anonymous Clinic in Bkk. See this thread for an excellent description of it and its services.

^ And why NOT put this in the Health, Body and Medicine forum of the country's best online forums?

Does it upset you?

Not everyone is comfortable discussing personal health issues with their regular doctor and some people have a simple fear of doctors offices. Here, the OP can remain 100% anonymous and get confirmation or otherwise on what the pharmacists have been telling him.

Yeah maybe a bit of an overreaction. apologies. I'm just a very visual person

Does it upset you?

Yeah maybe a bit of an overreaction. apologies. I'm just a very visual person

Should thast read overerrection.

i am not so sure

that where you buy your medication

can assure it is not counterfeit

i have not yet researched this

but how can you tell the diff between counterfeit aldera and the real deal???

for example

with kamargra gel

if the pack is squishy or watery it probably is counterfeit

the pack should feel kind of solid and gel like

please note this post is not about illegal activities but about protecting the consumer

many counterfeit and diluted medications have been found in pharmacies in the west

i also wonder if the package insert might be a give away

i can not be sure

but i have many package inserts from the west and the paper is smooth and white

i have seen many package inserts here and the paper feels cheap crude and looks off white or yellowish

• 8 months later...

Hello,

Anyone has bought the generic for aldara lately ? And where ?

I think the name is imiquimod ?

Thanks for help.

Please don't make multiple posts in different threads. I have deleted the other one.

There is no generic brand of imiquimod in Thailand, only Aldara.

it does not require a prescription, but it is expensive.

• 9 months later...

Hey please, do you know any small clinic around Pattaya or Bkk where only 1 malde dotor will be there freezing your gen warts ? Without any nurse or maid around starring at you ? I wnder if small clinic can do it ? Thank you.

They way things are done in Thailand most places will have an assistant around who will most likely be female. But you can explain that you feel shy and request that she leave, just say it nicely with an apologetic smile and they will understand.

And you can of course specify a male doctor to start with.