Cylinders In Chiangmai

manccm

I know chiangmai isnt a top divesite but I happen to live here ! Does anyone know if/where I can get a 12 litre or thereabouts aluminium tank around her eor failing that

can I bring an empty up from Bangkok on the plane as hand baggage and if so where can I get it filled with (clean) air. many thanx in advance Manc

I am almost positive an airline wont let you take a cylinder on board as hand baggage but also may not even let you check it in unless the valve is removed completely as it is a high pressure cylinder best is put it on a bus from BKK ot CM

Where you thinking of diving in CM ?? I know there are a few massive old Quarrys close to Cm deserted

I was thinking of opening a dive school up here but not sure people would be interested in diving in Quarrys and Resevoirs or if there would be enough interest in classes to learn to dive.

Might still be an idea as a hobby and part time pass time

Might be a nice change from the clear waters of the South LOL

How many divers we got in CM

thats 2 of us

DK

Edited by DiamondKing

My wife although scared of water, really wants to join me on shallow dives when we holiday ,so wanted her to spend as much time in a pool getting comfortable with the equipment and experience without the time constraints inevitable if you sign up for a Padi program in a tourist dive resort. Think that local diving is relatively limited although would like to visit Dream Lake and get up close and personal with some of the big fish there. Don't imagine the owners or paying customers fancy sharing with a bunch of divers tho. lol