Thai DSI Promises To Crack Foreign 'Call-Centre Gangs'

webfact

DSI promises to crack 'call-centre gangs'

By The Nation

med_gallery_327_1086_1865.jpg

As people continue filing complaints of being duped by "call-centre gangs" to unknowingly wire money out via ATMs, a team from the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) held a meeting yesterday to discuss its plan to crack 10 such gangs based in China.

Commenting on the recent case of a Nakhon Si Thammarat resident being duped out of Bt750,000 by someone claiming to be a DSI official, DSI chief Tharit Pengdit said yesterday that the department would investigate this case even though it came under the jurisdiction of the police. He added that the DSI had set up a team led by the chief of the Bureau of Foreign Affairs and Transnational Crimes, Pol Colonel Songsak Raksaksakul, to look into such crimes.

Songsak said at a meeting yesterday that DSI investigators had agreed on a new guideline to initially file charges of crime and public fraud against the call centre suspects, which was punishable to the maximum 20 year imprisonment. The team will also tell Chinese police to look into some 10 callcentre gangs based in the mainland, which reportedly took back Thai nationals to dupe fellow citizens. The team has also asked for the extradition of two alleged gang leaders so they can be prosecuted in Thailand.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-02-16

Those of any nationality who send money to people they have only spoken with by 'phone and whom they've never met, are greedy and stupid and deserve everything they get (or lose).

And the 'crackdown' will last as long as all the other 'crackdowns' here. A nanosecond.

Good luck, the gangs will move from China to a Western Country or Hong Kong which will never ever allow their citizens to stand trial in a country whose judicial system equals that of a banana republic

Careful you will have posters flaming you for suggesting that Thailand is not the worst country in the world. Of course most of them have to live her.

Those of any nationality who send money to people they have only spoken with by 'phone and whom they've never met, are greedy and stupid and deserve everything they get (or lose).

And the 'crackdown' will last as long as all the other 'crackdowns' here. A nanosecond.

Rather a insensitive thing to say about old people with poor memories and slower working logic systems. Work all there lives for a golden retirement get it slowly lose there mental facilities and loose all there money to a feelingless crook.

Speaking of feelingless you seem to fill that part of the equation.

No doubt you will say the same to any of your elderley family members should the same ever happen to them.

Rather a insensitive thing to say about old people with poor memories and slower working logic systems. Work all there lives for a golden retirement get it slowly lose there mental facilities and loose all there money to a feelingless crook.

Insensitive'? Really? On another thread it was suggested that the poor who could only afford lao khao deserved to die, to which I took great exception.

'Old people with poor memories and er, slower working logic systems'? Don't make me bloody laugh. I reckon if a poll were taken, it would be the young to middle aged element with no brains hoping to make a quick buck.

Edited by inmysights

No doubt you will say the same to any of your elderley family members should the same ever happen to them.

Any surviving 'elderley' (sic) family members I have would not be so bloody stupid.

Got you did they?

''feelingless'' <deleted> is feelingless? I apologise if English is not your first language, but even so, well in that case regard this as a free lesson.

While I'm at it, and for the benefit of a large number of TV posters, LOOSE is the opposite of TIGHT, i.e. as when the waistband of ones trousers is too large. The word you are looking for is LOSE.

What the hell, FACILITIES I think you mean FACULTIES. ''a/there/there'' I won't get into.

No I am not an English teacher, wish to f... I was.