Be Careful With Bars In Lamai Center / Boxing Area

sadge68

Made some bad experiences when visiting the bars in center of lamai. On Saturdays for example, prices are partially doubled or tripled without announcement.. In many bars, eg the XXXXX they charge extraordinary prices if you give drinks to the ladys. Orange Juice about 180 baht! Always check the bills and the return money, they are not correct many times.

Name & Shame against forum rules.

Edited by Rooo
Removed name

lady boxing in lamai is one of the best nights out on this small island. every bar owner in the world raises prices during an event but i don't recall ever paying more than 80thb for a chang. free fights and 80baht chang are ok in my book. i did go to the "stadium" in chaweng and won't pay for that ever again. i don't think anyone goes to lady boxing to see the next world champ.

lady boxing in lamai is one of the best nights out on this small island. every bar owner in the world raises prices during an event but i don't recall ever paying more than 80thb for a chang. free fights and 80baht chang are ok in my book. i did go to the "stadium" in chaweng and won't pay for that ever again. i don't think anyone goes to lady boxing to see the next world champ.

:) Yes one of the best value nights on the Island with plenty of space, food courts and an open air plaza effect with tables and chairs set out on the extra wide footpaths. Chaweng is a s---hole in comparison and has nothing like it !

:) Yes one of the best value nights on the Island with plenty of space, food courts and an open air plaza effect with tables and chairs set out on the extra wide footpaths. Chaweng is a s---hole in comparison and has nothing like it !

Last year my daughter came here to get married and brought a total of 21 people here. I arranged a minibus with driver and trucked them to Lamai one night. After having been here for 3 weeks and done all the usual touristy things, everyone voted the lady boxing in Lamai was the best night out they'd had!

R