Tattoo

matador11021965

My personal experience, had my first tattoo done by 'I guess' Ning, he has a tattoo shop on Loi Kroh, Lane 1, just behind the Bangkok Bank ATM. He delivers excellent work. (I paid 5000 baht for a 20 x 15cm tattoo)

I brought a specific design I found on the net, it wasn't that clear but he instantly decided to redesign it by hand at home. It took him 2 hours to draw the outline and another 3 hours to put the tattoo.

Here are the pics of the internet pic.

5454020399_aba212daba.jpg

This is the result (With my daughters name in the flag)

5454633616_4b18bd2ccc_z.jpg

Excellent work if you ask me..

I don't have personal experience but I do have a few friends that live here and a few transient friends who have been tattooed here.

One particular friend is covered and he swears by the guy at the top of Kadsunkeaw, its the guy inn the small shop in the "hippie" type area of shops, sorry don't know his name but i think there is only one there.

Another guy got some very nice work done and fairly cheap as previously said by the guy on the small shop behind the BKK bank on soi 1 loi kroh.

I have seen a new one open on soi 2 loi kroh named "the master". I have seen his work on a few guys and it is immaculate, very nice, but he does not come cheap, and he really takes his time. ?(understandably so)

As for the shop on loi kroh opposite Chiang Mai saloon, I had a friend go there a few years back and it was almost as if they were trying to bully him into getting something, a bit like when the people in the night market convince you that a T shirt fits and is the right color when you have already decided that it's not your thing. Now this is definitely not the way to deal with tattoos. Think he obviously gets lots of tourists there and churns them out with as easy "remember Thailand" tattoo he can.

Good luck, a tattoo is for life and unfortunately some tattooists in Thailand seem to think it's just another money making scheme.

My personal experience, had my first tattoo done by 'I guess' Ning, he has a tattoo shop on Loi Kroh, Lane 1, just behind the Bangkok Bank ATM. He delivers excellent work. (I paid 5000 baht for a 20 x 15cm tattoo)

I brought a specific design I found on the net, it wasn't that clear but he instantly decided to redesign it by hand at home. It took him 2 hours to draw the outline and another 3 hours to put the tattoo.

Here are the pics of the internet pic.

5454020399_aba212daba.jpg

This is the result (With my daughters name in the flag)

5454633616_4b18bd2ccc_z.jpg

Excellent work if you ask me..

Agreed! Very good work indeed.

How long after completion was this pic taken out of interest?

Agreed! Very good work indeed.

How long after completion was this pic taken out of interest?

This picture was taken a couple of days after the tattoo was done.

@flyer: indeed Ramakien

When I have a tattoo done, there are 2 rules I want it to have:

1. It needs to be Thai look (something with Thai culture, history or society)

2. It needs to resemble something that happened in my life, it needs to hold a story or a symbol of something.

In this case, the story behind it is.. I've always had to fight for what I have today, everyday I'm sacrificing a bit of my own life so my daughter can have all she wants. I'm talking about land, houses, a big saving account etc..

The ramakien represents the hard work and fighting for what I have today and all this specially for my daughter (hence her name in the flag)

Next one will be done in about 1 month when I'm back in CM but I don't know what it will be