Looking For A Cheap Apartment In Chiang Mai With Solid Internet For At Least 3 Months.

alexpoker

Hello good people of Chiang Mai. I'm a 32 year old single professional looking to spend some months in Chiang Mai.

Ive done some searches and read up and bookmarked some sites. Some of the threads I found were a little old, so I hope you would forgive yet another question about cheap apartment rentals.

Im looking for a studio apartment for MAX 10k baht per month. Preferably 3-7k.

The number one priority is that the internet is stable. It doesn't have to be wireless. I will be working from the apartment so if there's a desk, then that's also a plus.

Good location would be nice if possible. I've heard that the Nimmanheimin area is supposed to be nice. Is it possible for me to get something in my price range?

I'd like to live in an area with many westerners. Currently I'm staying at a guesthouse near Tha Pae Gate on the east side of the old city.

If some of you could share your experiences then I would be very grateful. Maybe some of you already live in a building that fulfil my criteria.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

You could try the Dome in the Huay Kaew road / Nimmanhemin area. I spent two months there recently. Easy location near the shopping mall and the many restaurants and bars of Nimmanhemin. If you stay three months you should get the monthly rate for a studio @ 6k a month. Good reliable internet (in the room I was in anyway).

http://www.thedomechiangmai.com/

Edited by greytown

Shacking up with a CMU coed (past second year with rich parents guaranteeing a fast internet connection but daughter desiring a little bit of extra income) might work for you. Just drop by JJ Market and set up an interview table. Free frozen cocktails help.

Or, you could try Pattaya!

hey alex, have we met before or are you on the chiang mai poker skype chat?

I'm not so sure about how stable the internet is in most of the places around. I'd have to ask others who live there.

I know people that use CDMA wireless usb for the internet and say this is very stable. I think its good as back up anyway. I have an AIS 3g usb stick that i use for back up but i hear it is not as stable and it is more expensive. My experience with it has been good though. Basically the AIS 3g is faster but u dont need speed for what u need it for.

Thanks for the responses so far.

greytown. Ill look into that. Thanks a lot!

Mapguy, I guess this is my plan B haha

Richbrown. Pls do invite me to the Chiang Mai poker skype chat. Ill pm you my skypename. It'd be great to meet other poker players in Chiang Mai.

I would however also love to meet other non poker playing westerners. Whats the best way to do this? Language school I assume?

Edited by alexpoker