Honda Crv Service Intervals

msg362

I'm thinking of buying a Honda CRV 2.0 litre. I'm told the service interval ( here in CM) is 10K km. Yet the same car in the UK says 12.5k MILES- about 19k Km. They say too there is a service indicator.

The Canadian site says -12k Km!!!

What is the postion? is there a service indicator on Thai CRVs? what is the reasonable service interva?l. Why should it be different from country to country?

Any thoughts welcome

In the UK lots of company /lease company cars, if Manufactures want to sell to them they have to have a reasonable cost service menu, trying to get a normal vehicle in with service every 6250miles(10000km) would have the company buyers rolling round on the floor in fits of laughter. Then theres Thailand.

it's definitely 10,000KM for CR-V in Thailand.

Many factors effect this - cost and inconvenience of servicing as noted by kartman, the quality of fuel available, the environmnental conditions the car is operated in, and the duration/coverage of the warranty offered - all of which differ market to market.

In Thailand, servicing is relatively cheap, so 10,000/6 Month intervals really only comes with the downside of some inconvenience.

Many factors effect this - cost and inconvenience of servicing as noted by kartman, the quality of fuel available, the environmnental conditions the car is operated in, and the duration/coverage of the warranty offered - all of which differ market to market.

In Thailand, servicing is relatively cheap, so 10,000/6 Month intervals really only comes with the downside of some inconvenience.

I believe all LOS car suppliers have chosen 10k km. Inexpensive labour costs, the customers feel well taken care of by servicing often, and the land of silent recalls. Most markets have public recalls. In LOS its all quiet, and thus car checked every 6 months/10k km.

In addition the total lack of roadside assistance, yeah I know some offer 24hour roadside but it takes them 3-10 hours to arrive.

as its free for 60-100k km, why not?

I believe all LOS car suppliers have chosen 10k km. Inexpensive labour costs, the customers feel well taken care of by servicing often, and the land of silent recalls. Most markets have public recalls. In LOS its all quiet, and thus car checked every 6 months/10k km.

In addition the total lack of roadside assistance, yeah I know some offer 24hour roadside but it takes them 3-10 hours to arrive.

I understand! but the physics/ engineering do not require it I think, it's more to do with marketing? My guess is the engine and transmission would not be damaged by going over the 10k mark, since I'm assuming the car is the same in the UK/ europe as in the LOS?

any comments/

( BTW when I buy one, I'll do the 10k Km thing, because as you say , not expensive)

Edited by msg362

I understand! but the physics/ engineering do not require it I think, it's more to do with marketing? My guess is the engine and transmission would not be damaged by going over the 10k mark, since I'm assuming the car is the same in the UK/ europe as in the LOS?

any comments/

( BTW when I buy one, I'll do the 10k Km thing, because as you say , not expensive)

In 2001 VW Scandinavia changed from 20k km servicing to Long Life 30k km servicing. It required a unique oil, especially for diesels and turbo petrols, only available from Mobil/Esso and VW.

Cars have different specs for different markets. I would think 20-30k km is no problem for LOS spec with good quality engine oil, but I prefere to pay 1.100 baht every 10k km.

any comments/

In 2001 VW Scandinavia changed from 20k km servicing to Long Life 30k km servicing. It required a unique oil, especially for diesels and turbo petrols, only available from Mobil/Esso and VW.

Cars have different specs for different markets. I would think 20-30k km is no problem for LOS spec with good quality engine oil, but I prefere to pay 1.100 baht every 10k km.

Understand,and will do the same. Now all I have to do is find someone willing to sell me one ( see my other post!!)

• 6 months later...

5,000 km for Proton, plus I've been charged twice; at 25,000 km and 30,000 km, service fees ( they quoted on the receipts that the payments were for checking the car for defects ). I complained to the head office and was told that checking the car for defects ( from 25,000 km upwards ) isn't covered by the 100,000 km free service offering.

5,000 km for Proton, plus I've been charged twice; at 25,000 km and 30,000 km, service fees ( they quoted on the receipts that the payments were for checking the car for defects ). I complained to the head office and was told that checking the car for defects ( from 25,000 km upwards ) isn't covered by the 100,000 km free service offering.

Service intervals are to service and check for defects, that's what a service is for. Sounds a bit slippery. ;)