Gmail, Quick Down , Very Slow Up. Why ?

THAIPHUKET

There is a significant delay when sending emails out, sometimes the message shows= message still pending. Can be as long as one minute.

InternetSpeed is ok, about 1700 down 500 up.

This seems to be only with Gmail.

Any explanation, rectification???

Location Chiang Mai

Quote from OP:

...This seems to be only with Gmail....

Are you using Gmail's SMTP server?

I have the same issue but only with large e-mails. Especially when my son is using torrents my upload is very slow.

My TRUE connection is very good at 6Mbps down and 0.5Mbps up of which I usually get 95-100%

ADSL is always slower on uploads than downloads (it is in the name ... Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line.)

Opal --- you can change the upload settings on programs like Utorrent (I restrict mine to 100K upload max)

No matter how small mails are, it happens rather often.

My uploads are almost short mails , occasionally a photo.

That's it.

Sorry, pure layman , where would I find gmail server, if SMPT than to change it to what and how??

Using TOT for 1000b pm. Stable, about only thing that's important to me.

There is a significant delay when sending emails out, sometimes the message shows= message still pending. Can be as long as one minute.

Any explanation, rectification???

Problems sending mail - Gmail Help

I have the same issue but only with large e-mails. Especially when my son is using torrents my upload is very slow.

Send e-mails (w/ large attachments) when your son isn't using bit torrent, or have him pause torrents while sending large attachments.

Edited by Supernova

Send e-mails (w/ large attachments) when your son isn't using bit torrent, or have him pause torrents while sending large attachments.

That's exactly what I'm doing. My mail is usually not that urgent whereas my son's latest movie or game has of course top priority.