Hill Tribe In The City

ThaiPauly

Hi Everyone,

I want to take this opportunity to tell you about a new charity that is aiming to start in CM

It's called "Hill Tribe In The City"

The initial intention is that Stu and Greig who have been involved at Wat Don Chan the biggest orphanage in CM,(as well as other children's charities) want to start a project ,initially to give 6 children from deprived Hill Tribe families the chance of a better life. Of the children chosen to be a part of this project ,one's Mother is an opium addict, another's father is an alcoholic, these are just 2 examples.

As the money flows in from donations they will be able to expand and take more kids, unfortunately some kids who were well qualified to be involved were denied by their parents as they need them to work :(

The idea is that the guys will be renting a large house in Hang Dong, and also employ 2 Thai staff to help with the cooking, cleaning, washing,shopping etc. The kids will be returned to their families during school holidays, bu they will have a chance of a good education and far better living conditions in Hang Dong.

On Thurs 24th February a fund raiser will be held at The West Side Pub, at 36,Wang Singh Kam road, which is just north of the Rama Bridge. Entrance is just 250B with all the money going towards the start up costs, there will be food included in the Price, other refreshments will be available and there will be a raffle with some very good prizes on offer along with some music, starts 7pm-Finishes 10pm. We are expecting this to be a very well attended event, and hope many TV members will come along

This new charity is totally non-profit, all monies raised from this and future fundraisers will go towards the kids care and food and medical expenses.

It only costs 10,000 baht a year to pay for their food and education, if you feel you would care to sponsor one of these kids, please feel free, for $1,000, you can sponsor them for EVERYTHING :)

For further info please visit the website which is www.hilltribeinthecity.org

We hope to see you there, or the 100 kebabs my wife will be making could go to waste :(

Thanks for reading and we look forward to seeing many of you on Thursday

TP

Edited by thaiphoon
Link repaired

I forgot to mention that there will be alcohol served, (not included in the price,) only the food and entertainment is free, and if 10 TV members comit to coming I'll let you throw eggs or tomatoes at me, as long as you bring 'em..50 Baht a throw :unsure:

Come along and enjoy yourselves, even if it's at my expense :blink:

I'll do my best to sort out a map tomorrow, (not very good with that sort of thing,) anyone that can help me out and post a map of where the West Side Pub is would endear themslves to me no end :D

Frankly I have never been myself, so I gotta find it as well :ermm:

I'll do my best to sort out a map tomorrow, (not very good with that sort of thing,) anyone that can help me out and post a map of where the West Side Pub is would endear themslves to me no end :D

Here is a Google Map showing Wang Sing Kham Road, just point the West Side Pub on it. :)

http://maps.google.f...016512&t=h&z=17

And the link to the website is Hilltribeinthecity, your adress in the post #1 is wrong.

Edited by Nawak

Here is a Google Map showing Wang Sing Kham Road, just point the West Side Pub on it. :)

http://maps.google.f...016512&t=h&z=17

And the link to the website is Hilltribeinthecity, your adress in the post #1 is wrong.

Thank you for the map Nawak, much appreciated.

Sorry my link never worked, glad all is well now

TP

Great evening , some excellent singers, jovial comapany, great food, a lot of money raised.

Nice to see a few people from Thai Visa there, Justin from the Red Mango, turns out we were born just a couple of miles apart he walked off with a great raffle prize

A very important memeber of admin, and maybe a few more who did not introduce themsleves.

Anyway there will be another funraiser in the near future, so watch this space.

Thanks for reading :jap:

TP