Er6N

justaphase

Had a bit of a look round and sit on an ER6 last night.. cool bike. The seat looks so wierd and thin, but it just works so well for me.

I want one!

It's like a bandit 6, but with funky plastic bits.

What about the abs... could i take it off..?

And what about the price..? The guy said it was 200,000.. but i thought 250..?

Anyway, they're good...

Thats all.

Easy to ride too.

Go and rent for a day and take it out. I find akin to a turbo diesel car, there's only urgency if you really boot it, otherwise it tickles along.

Find a used one, they don't hold their value like most vehicles in Thailand do. Budget for 150-170k.

Find a used one, they don't hold their value like most vehicles in Thailand do. Budget for 150-170k.

Sweet.

Going to be even sweeter in a couple of yrs when I go to upgrade my CBR250 to either this or the ninja650.

What ya reckon the price of a 2009 650ninja is going to be in 2 yrs time? <140k?

With the inexpensive kawa parts and service available that is a good deal, and takes the worry out of buying a 4-5 yr old bike.

Edited by appropriate

Easy to ride too.

Go and rent for a day and take it out. I find akin to a turbo diesel car, there's only urgency if you really boot it, otherwise it tickles along.

150? Show me a link. All I see is ~200k ones, maybe they do hold their value a bit after all?!

The bike is perfectly adequate for getting around town in any RPM, but rev it above 7,000 and it turns into a monster... loves to be between 7-11k. Great bike, I miss mine, actually :)

Easy to ride too.

150? Show me a link. All I see is ~200k ones, maybe they do hold their value a bit after all?!

The bike is perfectly adequate for getting around town in any RPM, but rev it above 7,000 and it turns into a monster... loves to be between 7-11k. Great bike, I miss mine, actually :)

Easy to ride too.

Wow! That's by far the cheapest second hand ER6n I've ever seen! No doubt it sold in a flash!

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Easy to ride too.

Wow! That's by far the cheapest second hand ER6n I've ever seen! No doubt it sold in a flash!

Been there for weeks and weeks.

Perhaps sold, but unlikely. According to Thai friends these big bikes are not popular amongst the general Thai population and also according to my friends (including a farang lawyer many here will know) the domestic Thai economy isn't actually in great shape.

With the Kwaka factory continuing to turn these out in a global recession expect a glut of them at some point. I've been after one for ages but have been hit on all sides by all things the past two years, not least the recession, estranged wife, house completions etc.

You know, never in my life do I get what I want. Last two bikes I had in Blighty, both stolen within a month or so of purchase. They even stole my MTB. Now these want to steal my house, land, kids, hell even my dog.

Moral of this tale of woe? Just don't bother having anything and if you see an ER6F for rent, rent it by the day.

The sun still shines upon my face.

Perhaps sold, but unlikely. According to Thai friends these big bikes are not popular amongst the general Thai population and also according to my friends (including a farang lawyer many here will know) the domestic Thai economy isn't actually in great shape.

With the Kwaka factory continuing to turn these out in a global recession expect a glut of them at some point. I've been after one for ages but have been hit on all sides by all things the past two years, not least the recession, estranged wife, house completions etc.

You know, never in my life do I get what I want. Last two bikes I had in Blighty, both stolen within a month or so of purchase. They even stole my MTB. Now these want to steal my house, land, kids, hell even my dog.

Moral of this tale of woe? Just don't bother having anything and if you see an ER6F for rent, rent it by the day.

At that price I'm sure it sold a long time ago. Want me to call in the morning to check for you?

Big Bikes aren't popular among the Thais?! What nonsense is that?! The big bike scene in Thailand is taking off like a rocket. Have you ever been to a bike week or motor show?

The Thai economy has weathered the "Global Financial Crisis" better than most and continues to grow. There are plenty of Thais buying big bikes and Kawasaki, Ducati, Triumph etc continue to post record sales here in Thailand.

Sounds like you're wallowing in self pity a bit. Perhaps even depressed? My ex-wife took the house and dog and getting her to agree to joint custody of our child was not easy, but I like to look at all the things I have gained (FREEDOM BABY!), and not all the things I've lost.

Life knocks you down, you just have to get right back up and keep going!

Ride On!

Tony

At that price I'm sure it sold a long time ago. Want me to call in the morning to check for you?

Big Bikes aren't popular among the Thais?! What nonsense is that?! The big bike scene in Thailand is taking off like a rocket. Have you ever been to a bike week or motor show?

The Thai economy has weathered the "Global Financial Crisis" better than most and continues to grow. There are plenty of Thais buying big bikes and Kawasaki, Ducati, Triumph etc continue to post record sales here in Thailand.

Sounds like you're wallowing in self pity a bit. Perhaps even depressed? My ex-wife took the house and dog and getting her to agree to joint custody of our child was not easy, but I like to look at all the things I have gained (FREEDOM BABY!), and not all the things I've lost.

Ride On!

Tony

Just reporting what I'm told by others. Others that have businesses here. Yes, it has weathered the recession better than most but now I'm told it's starting to have an adverse effect. Guess the big bike scene will take off as there were no big bikes readily available before, makes sense.

Not self-pity, but it is wearing. My health has deteriorated with constant loss of blood sugar control, so far that driving the truck into town 75km and back finishes me off for a couple of days. Got a stack load of DIY staring at me and not had the energy to lift a finger for months.

Maybe one day, but right now it's about priorities. Trouble is if I leave a bike like that here, the nutty BIL (mad as a box of frogs, certified lithium job) will have a Valentino Rossi fantasy and rap the thing round the back end of a water buffalo.

All that said, it's still on the list for before I'm forty.

Ride On!

Tony

Just reporting what I'm told by others. Others that have businesses here. Yes, it has weathered the recession better than most but now I'm told it's starting to have an adverse effect. Guess the big bike scene will take off as there were no big bikes readily available before, makes sense.

Not self-pity, but it is wearing. My health has deteriorated with constant loss of blood sugar control, so far that driving the truck into town 75km and back finishes me off for a couple of days. Got a stack load of DIY staring at me and not had the energy to lift a finger for months.

Maybe one day, but right now it's about priorities. Trouble is if I leave a bike like that here, the nutty BIL (mad as a box of frogs, certified lithium job) will have a Valentino Rossi fantasy and rap the thing round the back end of a water buffalo.

Well said Tony... well said...

@MJP: Yeah, BiLs... I can relate.

My wife and I once took him with us when I was buying bike to "help" me check it before I bought it. The salesperson asks if I had any requests after waxing and buffing the bike, so I told the salesperson I wanted him to degrease the brake disks. Seeing as my Thai isn't that highly advanced and likewise the salesperson's English wasn't, I told him to clean the brake disks. The salesperson gets confused. All of the sudden the BiL insults me in front of everyone in the shop and says something about me spurting out nonsense and that I didn't know a thing about bikes and my ignorance could kill me. So I explain in detail to the salesperson and my wife what I wanted. Suffice to say the BiL was embarrassed and he went sulking to a dark corner of the shop (that's what you get for telling someone who learned how to ride a motorcycle at 12, they don't know anything about bikes).

Fast forward a few minutes later... we're home and the bike has been delivered (I didn't want to deal with the traffic with a bike I'm barely familiar with). BiL goes on about if I really know how to ride the thing (I've never told anyone else about how I used to ride to the mountains back at home except my wife... she's also heard complaints from friends who've ridden pillion with me on a rented Ninja about me driving like a maniac). My wife probably got tired of him acting up (she agrees he's been spoiled rotten by their parents and that he's an ass) and tells him she thinks I would know since I've been riding motorcycles since fifth grade. That shut him up, BiL spends the rest of the day inside his house.

A few miles on the same bike and it needs to be serviced (oil change, etc.), my wife talks to my father-in-law to accompany me to the service center. BiL volunteers to go with me instead. Something weird happens as he's particularly nice to me that day, I become suspicious. He then tells my wife he'll go to the service center himself on the bike. He asks, with gusto, for the keys and the bike papers from my wife. Aha! he was probably planning to do so all along, then along the way fulfill his Valentino Rossi fantasies and show off to his asinine friends. To cut to the chase, I pull my wife to the bedroom to have a talk to her privately and told her I don't trust his brother with the bike, having seen that he could barely get out of the garage without stalling the engine ( I had him start the bike once and ride it a few meters just to indulge him). She just nodded and gives me the bike's maintenance book which I had her keep earlier. I go out, put a lock on both brake disks and cover the bike. The next day I plot my course to the service center with a map and go there alone. BiL was probably so PO'ed he stayed out for 2 days -- better him angry than my precious bike crashed .

Ride On!

Tony

My wife and I once took him with us when I was buying bike to "help" me check it before I bought it. The salesperson asks if I had any requests after waxing and buffing the bike, so I told the salesperson I wanted him to degrease the brake disks. Seeing as my Thai isn't that highly advanced and likewise the salesperson's English wasn't, I told him to clean the brake disks. The salesperson gets confused. All of the sudden the BiL insults me in front of everyone in the shop and says something about me spurting out nonsense and that I didn't know a thing about bikes and my ignorance could kill me. So I explain in detail to the salesperson and my wife what I wanted. Suffice to say the BiL was embarrassed and he went sulking to a dark corner of the shop (that's what you get for telling someone who learned how to ride a motorcycle at 12, they don't know anything about bikes).

Fast forward a few minutes later... we're home and the bike has been delivered (I didn't want to deal with the traffic with a bike I'm barely familiar with). BiL goes on about if I really know how to ride the thing (I've never told anyone else about how I used to ride to the mountains back at home except my wife... she's also heard complaints from friends who've ridden pillion with me on a rented Ninja about me driving like a maniac). My wife probably got tired of him acting up (she agrees he's been spoiled rotten by their parents and that he's an ass) and tells him she thinks I would know since I've been riding motorcycles since fifth grade. That shut him up, BiL spends the rest of the day inside his house.

A few miles on the same bike and it needs to be serviced (oil change, etc.), my wife talks to my father-in-law to accompany me to the service center. BiL volunteers to go with me instead. Something weird happens as he's particularly nice to me that day, I become suspicious. He then tells my wife he'll go to the service center himself on the bike. He asks, with gusto, for the keys and the bike papers from my wife. Aha! he was probably planning to do so all along, then along the way fulfill his Valentino Rossi fantasies and show off to his asinine friends. To cut to the chase, I pull my wife to the bedroom to have a talk to her privately and told her I don't trust his brother with the bike, having seen that he could barely get out of the garage without stalling the engine ( I had him start the bike once and ride it a few meters just to indulge him). She just nodded and gives me the bike's maintenance book which I had her keep earlier. I go out, put a lock on both brake disks and cover the bike. The next day I plot my course to the service center with a map and go there alone. BiL was probably so PO'ed he stayed out for 2 days -- better him angry than my precious bike crashed .

Bwahahaha!!!

We can start a thread all about fookhead Thai brothers in law! :lol:

I learned early on to keep EVERYTHING locked up at my house because once you marry a Thai it seems the family, particularly the brother(s)-in-law assume that everything that belongs to you is now communal property.

I lost half my craftsman socket set and a few bottles of good single malt to that lazy good for nothing BIL before I figured this out.

After that I kept everything under lock and key including the gate to the house and surprise surprise, he came around a lot less often... :jap:

Ride On!

Tony

Bwahahaha!!!

I learned early on to keep EVERYTHING locked up at my house because once you marry a Thai it seems the family, particularly the brother(s)-in-law assume that everything that belongs to you is now communal property.

I lost half my craftsman socket set and a few bottles of good single malt to that lazy good for nothing BIL before I figured this out.

After that I kept everything under lock and key including the gate to the house and surprise surprise, he came around a lot less often... :jap:

Good plan, but I'll win this race.

BiL walks round (the street) wearing his underpants. BiL has a tattoo . . . .across his forehead . . . written in Khmer. No one knows what it says. BiL masturbates in front of people, in the living room . . . whilst singing in a high pitched tone. BiL has soldier fantasies and randomly attacks family members. Needless to say this guy has the strangest look on his face, the eyes are beyond crackers.

Although he's improved of late with the lithium.

Bwahahaha!!!

BiL walks round (the street) wearing his underpants. BiL has a tattoo . . . .across his forehead . . . written in Khmer. No one knows what it says. BiL masturbates in front of people, in the living room . . . whilst singing in a high pitched tone. BiL has soldier fantasies and randomly attacks family members. Needless to say this guy has the strangest look on his face, the eyes are beyond crackers.

Um... did you meet said psychopath B.I.L. before you married his sister? If yes, then perhaps you can get a discount at the local loony bin as I don't think he's the only one who needs to have his head examined... :lol:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Bwahahaha!!!

Um... did you meet said psychopath B.I.L. before you got married? If yes, then perhaps you can get a discount at the local loony bin as I don't think he's the only one who needs to have his head examined... :lol:

I just thought he was a bit shy. :lol: