Hello All, New Here.

DarkByNight

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself. I am Michael and I moved to Chiang Rai a month and a half ago from tiny, cold Denmark. :)

So far I haven't really met anyone other than my fiance's many many friends and family and I figured it might be nice to talk with some other farang. :D

Anyway, I will hang around so if you want to say hi, feel free to!

PS: Is there anywhere is Chiang Rai, other than Big C or walking street market (1 booth) that sells games? I'm amazed at how few games there are to buy in a place like Chiang Rai. ^^;

Edited by DarkByNight

Except for bedroom games, many of us prefer to get out and about, rather than play games. Not even sure what kind of games you might be referring to.

The Rai is a great place for an active outdoor lifestyle. Of course when the heat really kicks in we do look for more to do indoors.

Get yourself to the Hash, Potluck and various other social gatherings where many of us congregate. You will soon have too many farang acquaintances.

Welcome to the Rai. :)

Hi Michael!

Welcome to Chiang Rai!

Nice to have another dane here-I have been her allmost 2 years now and have a really good life,I think.

If you need enything or just want to say Hi and have a cup of coffee or a beer-give me a pm. and we arrange somthing.

brianmarinus.

Welcome Michael,

I'm a gamer especially Call Of Duty (pt 2,3,4,5,6 and 7) :lol: , i only buy from a shop in big C, the 1st shop outside facing the entrance/exit next Bata shoes shop, service is good and aftersales service is even better, unlike some other shop with cute booties who doesn't know their products :angry::lol:

Hi Michael , Welcome.

I have several Danish friends here, I will put you in contact with them if you would like to meet up with them .

Hi Sunholidaysun1!

Put me on for that to-wood like to meet some great dane-thought we only was two around here.

Hey Brian, got a couple of danes in the next Village. come out and meet them sometime. Ones an ex-semen.

Dress casual , red Underpants prefered . Just red Underpants/Breifs. They'll drink and then fight with anyone passing. What else do you need ? what else does anyone need ? B) Its real 3D , graphic and needs no electricity . More entertaining I think.

wasn't the Guy on Jetyod in a previous thread Danish ? B)

Hey, SKOL ! :D

Welcome Michael,

I'm a gamer especially Call Of Duty (pt 2,3,4,5,6 and 7) :lol: , i only buy from a shop in big C, the 1st shop outside facing the entrance/exit next Bata shoes shop, service is good and aftersales service is even better, unlike some other shop with cute booties who doesn't know their products :angry::lol:

or maybe they know how to display their "assets" but not the store's products??

They show no interest in recommendation in the category of game i want and when asked they haven't got the slightest clue on what the game scenario is, graphic or IA level of any title...and just to clear any doubt, yes i speak northern Thai with a perfect accent. ;) ...don't i, Jubby ?

Edited by RedBullHorn

Hi Michael , Welcome.

I have several Danish friends here, I will put you in contact with them if you would like to meet up with them .

Hi Sunholidaysun1!

Put me on for that to-wood like to meet some great dane-thought we only was two around here.

Hey Brian, got a couple of danes in the next Village. come out and meet them sometime. Ones an ex-semen.

Dress casual , red Underpants prefered . Just red Underpants/Breifs. They'll drink and then fight with anyone passing. What else do you need ? what else does anyone need ? B) Its real 3D , graphic and needs no electricity . More entertaining I think.

wasn't the Guy on Jetyod in a previous thread Danish ? B)

Hey, SKOL ! :D

Hi!

Sounds great.

I am not sure what thread you mean,but there was one-but it was a Norweigan man.

By the way-it is SKÅL-not skol!HA-HA.

I took Michael on a trip to Mae Sai yesterday-trying to find some games for him,but they diddent have eny-it may have been copy all of it-a lady told us,that the police have taken it all-so no one for sale,that day.

Hello from another relatively new arrival. What sort of games are you looking for? If its for PSP 2 you can get some up here, but for PSP3 there is a very ,very limited supply north of ChiangMai . If you let us know, my younger informant may be able to tell you if or where you might find some. Maybe when Central plaza opens a Games shop will open too.

Having spent the last ten minutes being castigated by our resident expert on game systems for showing my ignorance on the forum, I will now try to correct what I said.

Playstation 2 games are everywhere, but BigC is the'best place to get them'. Playstation 3 games - there is a limited supply kept in stock at the Sony store (on the main shopping street where Da vincis and Boots are) but they have a brochure and they will order in what you want - it takes 2-3 days. The Tesco lotus, on the left hand side of the Superhighway going up to Mae Sai has some new and secondhand Playstation 3 games on a small independent stall at the front of the shop (before you actually go into the main shop. They also have some Xbox and Xbox360 games.

Hello from another relatively new arrival. What sort of games are you looking for? If its for PSP 2 you can get some up here, but for PSP3 there is a very ,very limited supply north of ChiangMai . If you let us know, my younger informant may be able to tell you if or where you might find some. Maybe when Central plaza opens a Games shop will open too.

Having spent the last ten minutes being castigated by our resident expert on game systems for showing my ignorance on the forum, I will now try to correct what I said.

Playstation 2 games are everywhere, but BigC is the'best place to get them'. Playstation 3 games - there is a limited supply kept in stock at the Sony store (on the main shopping street where Da vincis and Boots are) but they have a brochure and they will order in what you want - it takes 2-3 days. The Tesco lotus, on the left hand side of the Superhighway going up to Mae Sai has some new and secondhand Playstation 3 games on a small independent stall at the front of the shop (before you actually go into the main shop. They also have some Xbox and Xbox360 games.

So glad you corrected yourself. Woraphat was getting ready to jump on you with both feet. It was all I could do to hold her back. You know how she is.smile.gif

Thank you for all the hello's and good advice!

What I'm looking for is pc games.

I know walking street night market has one booth and I hear rumours that big c has a shop with games but alas I have yet to find the shop. :D

I'm mostly always up for a cup of coffee, either at our home or somewhere else, people are free to pm me to get together for coffee (Or in rare cases, when the missus allows, a beer. ;) )

OK, if you come in the main gate to Big C go around to the right where the main car park is.

Park or whatever and walk to the shopping mall doors on that side of the building.

Don't go in, look to your right.

On the veranda is a Computer program stall. Games mak mak.

Alternatively come in the main gate and go into the smaller car park on your left.

Enter the Mall by the entrance facing the highway.

Inside the mall, turn left.

You will come to a small shop with many games.

Posted Today, 13:03

OK, if you come in the main gate to Big C go around to the right where the main car park is.

Park or whatever and walk to the shopping mall doors on that side of the building.

Don't go in, look to your right.

On the veranda is a Computer program stall. Games mak mak.

That's the one i'm talking about, you sure know how to describe it sceadugenga ;)

Good service, i recommend this shop, ignore the rest.

Edited by RedBullHorn

On top of that i think this would be the only shop that provide a stamp on a card everytime you did a purchase, after 5 stamps you get the 6th game for free as a bonus.

Oh...this shop is only PC games, softwares, PC upgrade and repair..

Edited by RedBullHorn