Buying Flights At The Counter

HansBlinkers

Yes you can go to the counter and buy noo problem as long as their are seats available. But the tickets will be at a premium. I paid almost 6000thb with air asia for a single from Phuket to chiang mai as I had to miss my morning flight but I needed to get back on the evening flight. The return booked a few month earlier was only 1900thb return. so a big difference. Im sure BKK-CNX will be cheaper than that but it still wont be cheap. Best bet may be to go to don muang and get 12go all their tickets are below 2000thb usually even the same day flights.

That's because they crash a lot.

I always see it a different way, for me if they were banned from flying (which they were) until they improved standards, then the standards set must have been very high in order for them to get a flying licence again. Im also sure that as they got the licence in order to fly again then they will be monitored very closly to make sure that they don't drop below standard.

Edited by thaimiller

I've bought at the counters at Swampy a few times and it's pot luck on prices. Don't bother with Thai Airways as they think we are all millionairs; Bangkok Airways are the best and I've had it as cheap as 990 Baht but normally it's around 1,900 one way. You also get free use of the Bangkok Airways lounge opposite the gates and with complimentary food and drinks they are the No1 in my opinion.

I always see it a different way, for me if they were banned from flying (which they were) until they improved standards, then the standards set must have been very high in order for them to get a flying licence again. Im also sure that as they got the licence in order to fly again then they will be monitored very closly to make sure that they don't drop below standard.

For a minute there I thought I saw the words 'standards' and 'monitoring' in a site related to Thailand. Now I know I need to take my medication and go back to bed. ;)

To spell it out: If I can buy a driver's license, an airline can buy a flying license. Different scale, but same shit.

Also they would have been heavily investigated by insurance companies before they could buy insurance.:)

Also they would have been heavily investigated by insurance companies before they could buy insurance.:)

You'd think that would be the same with the insurers of bus companies wouldn't you, but they just don't seem to care.

For a minute there I thought I saw the words 'standards' and 'monitoring' in a site related to Thailand. Now I know I need to take my medication and go back to bed. ;)

To spell it out: If I can buy a driver's license, an airline can buy a flying license. Different scale, but same shit.

I think you may find the license for flying aircraft to be much more regulated. If you buy Nike running shoes it doesn't mean you can enter the olympics.

If memory serves correct didn't Bangkok Airways have a crash recently in Samui?

Anyways, think it's safe to say if they don't stay complient with CAA regulations etc they wouldn't be getting off the ground. Air Asia are very poor in their service and prices right now in my opinion unless you drop on one of their promotions.

Mostly I bought ticket at the counter in Airport just walk around to check the price from difference airline, Thai airway, one-two-go, Air asia, Nok air,... if you do not fixed the time to leave or not in hurry, try to ask at the counter what time is cheapest. I am looking tickets for my sisters and I found air asia is cheapest but depend on which day you want to leave, BKK to CNX less than 700 baht but there is some problem when I try to booking, may be you can try to do it but have to book before 27th this month and fly in the periode that they have promotion.

To answer the original question;

Yes, but at about double or triple the price, and because some airlines fly out of Don Muang, you are limited to less options.

But, I think you can't book flights online within a few hours of departure, it is sometimes the only option...

Cheers,

Daewoo