Disconnected Thailand

roamer

Food for thought news item from the BBC about the future prospects for LOS looking beyond the immediate boom. Goes on to make the point, amongst others, that Thailand's economic model has run its course and the failure to invest in education on a national level may yet cost it dearly. That's something which some of us on this forum have long thought to be the case. The carousel is still turning but for how much longer ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12521127

Economic situation has run it's course, but so has the Governmental powers, almost time for a revolt like were seeing in middle east, the time is nearing for complete uprising and take over from the people of Thailand, and I do not mean the "only wealthy" but the real people who really populate Thailand.:whistling:

I don’t pretend to know what’s going to happen in Thailand’s future, but having not long got out of Libya all I can say is, people are people the world over and where poor education with little or no “action and conscience” built in is a ticking time bomb. If a people’s up-rising happens here westerners in the rural areas would be the worst hit for any form of help. Couple this with individuals or gangs of like minded locals who see the westerner as the problem, (this is Thailand) Thailand could be a very dangerous place to be if it went full scale……… White whiskey and nationalism…Not a good combo!

Hilarious how media from former economic superpowers? have gotten sick of writing about their own woes - seems to me the Thai economy is doing quite well comparably.

But the BBC is correct - one day it may not be doing so well (see 1997) - oh the doom and gloom. Since inception, TH hasnt invested in education while western countries have - look what that has done for GB.

Hilarious how media from former economic superpowers? have gotten sick of writing about their own woes - seems to me the Thai economy is doing quite well comparably.

But the BBC is correct - one day it may not be doing so well (see 1997) - oh the doom and gloom. Since inception, TH hasnt invested in education while western countries have - look what that has done for GB.

And the US you may well add, education has certainly taught their bankers how to cause world wide strife.

I would argue the opposite..it seems to me that if you keep your people "dumb" your economy grows, well at least that is what has happened in Thailand, that is just not me saying it take a look at Thailand's growth compared to its peers, whilst I dont't agree in keeping the poor uneducated it seems the elite pollies and so called hi-so in bkk have and are doing it quite sucessfully but I do agree it is for sure a ticking time bomb but with Thai's being so laxadaisical it could take generations for any real change..

Edited by supaprik